- Small Pieces, Loosely Joined (and other good elearning ideas for Douglas County)
Small Pieces, Loosely Joined (and other good elearning ideas for Douglas County)
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Small Pieces, Loosely Joined and other good ideas for elearning in Douglas County 02.09.09
- 2. What is the web for?
- 3. It is for storing stuff.
- 4. It is for nding stuff.
- 5. It is for communicating stuff too.
- 6. So, we just need ONE site to hold all of our stuff.
- 7. The future of the web is not about visiting sites. It is about connecting resources. -Stephen Downes
- 8. We dont need a place that holds everything. We need a place that helps us to connect everything.
- 9. The school and the learning does not equal the LMS.
- 10. So, What are the Small Pieces of Online Learning and where do they connect?
- 11. Content (current state):
- 12. Content (future state):
- 13. Information (Current state):
- 14. Information (Future state):
- 15. Web Conferencing (Current state):
- 16. Web Conferencing (Future state):
- 17. Social Networking (Current and Future states):
- 18. Calendaring (Current and Future states):
- 19. Chat (Current and Future states):
- 20. Blogs (Current and Future states):
- 21. Collaboration and portfolios (Current and Future states):
- 22. Wikis: (Current and Future states):
- 23. What are ITs small pieces?
- 24. How do we loosely tie all of these small pieces together?
- 25. A Portal based upon the role of the learner.
- 26. Giving access to the learning network that they need.