- 1.TOP 10: Web-based Educational Technologies (as of 5:00pm on October 16, 2008) Ver 3.5 G. Andrew Page, PhD Assistant Professor College of Education University of Alaska Anchorage [email_address] Creative Commons License
2. -Theoretical Framework-Web 2.0 tools promoting Learning 2.0 John Seely Brown and Richard Adler Minds on Fire: Open Education, the Long Tail and Learnng 2.0 (2008). Educause Review, 43,1, 1632 Creative Commons License 3. Paradigm Shift in Education
- Instead ofI think, therefore I am
We participate, therefore WE ARE! Creative Commons License 4. Learning 2.0 Creative Commons License 5. About the tools
- All involve creating content
- Andy does not presently for any of them
- Therefore, epistemological they aresocial constructivist.
6. #10(tie)Zimbio & Digg What is it?Zimbio is a collaborative website to share your articles, photos, blog. Who is it for? Pre-Journalism majors, artists, writers, photographersCreative Commons License 7.
- A place to share all the interesting gems you find on the Internet, let the online community decide what they Digg (or like best) and then join a discussion of its content; a place to meet people with like interests (social networking).
- Whats needed? Reading (no account required); posting ( Join!).
Creative Commons License 8. Digg Click to explore Creative Commons License 9. #9Wikis
- A means for online collaboration and creation.
Creative Commons License 10. #9 Wikis Creative Commons License 11. #9 Wiki Examples
- The UAA e-Learning Wiki This wiki was created by students and not only DEFINES the Web 2.0 tools but tell HOW they can be used in an educational context.
Creative Commons License 12. # 8
- An online, collaborative, mind-Mapping tool.
Creative Commons License 13. #8 Example Click to explore Less structure? 14. #7
TIE! Creative Commons License 15. # 7
- Community Social Software NINGCreate you own social network.
- http:// uaaelearning.ning.com/
Examples TIE! Creative Commons License 16. #7
- Sites where users can interact online through data analysis (Swivel) and visualization
- Whats needed? Exploring (no registration); creating visualizations ( registration/Many Eyes registration/Swivel)
TIE! Creative Commons License 17. # 6
- SlideShare is the world's largest community for sharing presentations on the web. You can
- upload your presentations (ppt, pdf, pps, pot, odp, keynote) and share with others
- find/download interesting presentations
- embed them into blogs or websites create a slidecast by linking your slides with audio
- And it's completely free.
Creative Commons License 18. # 6SlideCasting
- The combination of visual and audio. Combine your powerpoint files with audio and stream the presentation over the Web.
Creative Commons License 19. # 5What is it?Build a Flash website Free! No coding! Creative Commons License 20. # 5Wix
Creative Commons License 21. Synchronous Video Interactive Conferencing WiZiQ is a place where you can teach and learn using an easy-to-useVirtual Classroom . You are welcome to give private and public live online sessions, teach for free orearn money teaching . As a learner you can attendpublic sessionson various topics from academics to anything under the sun .# 4 What is it? Creative Commons License 22. #4WizIQ
Creative Commons License 23. #3Free Online Learning Open Courseware
- Carnegie-Mellon University
Free! Creative Commons License 24. #3
- Alison: Technology Certification & Free Tutoring
Digital Literacy skills need an upgrade? Creative Commons License 25. #3Free Nursing Education Courses Click here an exampleCreative Commons License 26. #2Coursecasting What is it?CourseCast captures video-based instructional content, automatically streams it over the Internet and makes it available for students and lecturers alike in all of the popular formats. Creative Commons License 27. # 2Creative Commons License 28. Panopto
Creative Commons License#2 29. These are some of the institutions which are using Panoptofor FREE. #2 Creative Commons License 30. And finally 31. Creating Virtual Content & Space
Creative Commons License 32. SecondLife at the University of Alaska AnchorageClickCreative Commons License 33.
- Sloodle is an Open Source GNU-GPL project which integrates multi-user virtual environments such asSecond Life with learning-management systems (VLEs) such asMoodl e and helps the community of educators in virtual worlds test curriculum innovations and advocate those proven successful. Sloodle provides a range of tools for supporting learning and teaching to the immersive virtual world; tools which are fully integrated with a tried and tested web-based learning management system used by thousands.
#1 A Sloodle Video Creative Commons License 34. #1 Creative Commons License 35. Final Thoughts. . .
- We can only advance as effectively as we can communicate our ideas.
- It is incumbent on todays educators to use tools that promote interactivity, creativity, collaboration, and Learning 2.0.
Creative Commons License 36. Wordle.net Creative Commons License 37. Honorable Mentions
- Jing: Capture images, record video, and share online.
- Photosynth : create panoramic photo montages.
- Zotero:bibliographic software
Creative Commons License 38. Peace to you!
- University of Alaska Anchorage
Creative Commons License