- What young researchers can do to promote open access
What young researchers can do to promote open access
Embed Size (px)
- 1. What young researchers can do to promote open access Nancy Pontika, PhD CORE Open University Email: email@example.com Twitter: @nancypontika Universita Degli Studi Di Trieste, 7 July 2015
- 2. Open Access : Where are we now?
- 3. OA Growth
- 4. Growth of items in Open Access Repositories
- 5. Records stored across all OARs 164,259,752 records across 2,531 repositories as estimated by OpenDOAR [December, 2013 -http://www.opendoar.org/]
- 6. SPARC Europe Open Access Diary
- 7. COnnecting REpositories - CORE Aggregate all open access content distributed across different systems worldwide, enrich this content and provide access to it through a set of services
- 8. CORE Portal
- 9. Open Access projects you can both use and contribute
- 10. Open Access Tracking Project
- 11. Open Access Button
- 12. What can you do to promote open access?
- 13. Open Access Explained https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5rVH1KGBCY
- 14. Talk to your professors About our next publication I am thinking of an Open Access journal
- 15. Talk to your librarian I care a lot about Open Access. Can we have a chat about the current scholarly communications system?
- 16. Make your voice public
- 17. Involve your classmates Plan a session on Open Access during lunch time Create fliers with the benefits of open access Push for an institutional repository Push for an open access mandate
- 18. Celebrate Open Access Week
- 19. Get connected
- 20. OpenCon Conference Website : http://opencon2015.org/attend
- 21. Right to Research Coalition R2RC
- 22. Grazie! Domande?