1. KINESICS NAME :- SUNVA DHAVALSINH ENROLL NO. :- 150990119048 SUBJECT :- COMMUNICATION SKILLS TOPIC :- KINESICS
2. Kinesics Kinesics is the name given to the study of the body's physical movements. In other words, It Is the way the body communicates without words. i.e., through various movements of Its parts. E.g. Nodding your head, blinking .
3. Kinesics Include Personal appearance Posture Gesture Facial expressions Eye contact
4. Personal Appearance Personal appearance plays an important role; people see you before they hear you. As you adapt your language to an audience, you should also dress appositely. Appearance includes clothes, hair, jewelry, cosmetics, and so on.
5. Gesture Gesture is the movement made by hands, arms, shoulders, head and torso. Adroit gestures can add to the impact of speech. Gestures clarify your ideas or reinforce them and should be well suited to the audience and occasion.
6. Posture The way that the body is held can communicate many different messages. An open body that takes up a lot of space can indicate comfort and domination, whilst a closed in body that make itself small can signal inferiority. Copying of the other persons body shows agreement, trust and liking.
7. Facial Expression Facial expressions also play an important role in presentation. The face is the most expressive part of our body. A smile stands for friendliness, a frown for discontent, raised eyebrows for disbelief, tightened jaw muscles for antagonism, etc.
8. Eye Contact The eyes are considered to be the windows of the soul. You look to the eyes of a speaker to help find out the truthfulness of his speech, his intelligence, attitudes, and feelings. Eye contact is a direct and powerful form of nun-verbal communication.