1. How to Use Treadmills to Get Fit Presented by: Susana Ortiz
It is more comfortable in bad weather to exercise indoors on a treadmill, either at home or in a gym.
3. Therefore youre more likely to actually get and stay fit when the season is cold or the weather is inclement by using a treadmill
Use Treadmills to Get Aerobic Exercise in Any Weather
You can do hill work on a treadmill in areas where there are no hills, just by varying the elevation.
5. In fact, most treadmills offer a variety of pre-programmed workouts.
6. You can also create your own favorite walking or jogging routine, including interval training, so that youll enjoy getting fit.
Use Treadmills to Get a Variety of Cardio Workouts.
If you have a treadmill at home you can use it whenever its convenient for you.
8. You can also watch TV or a DVD, as well as listen to music, when youre using a treadmill at home.
9. Outdoors you typically have to watch traffic and the air pollution index instead. You are more likely to get fit with treadmills because they are so safe and convenient.
Use Treadmills at Your Own Convenience
Because walking or running on a treadmill is smoother and softer than roads and concrete, it is easier on your joints. So there is less time lost to injury and you can exercise more with less risk. Again, treadmills make it easier to get and stay aerobically fit.
Use Treadmills to Reduce the Impact to Your Joints
11. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) published guidelines to help us get and stay fit through increased physical activity. These guidelines call for adults to get a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity per day at least five days a week, or 2.5 hours per week. Brisk walking is a moderate-intensity activity while jogging and running are vigorous-intensity activities that can get you fit in about half the time that walking requires. But walking is safer for older adults and those with chronic medical conditions. Either activity, however, is very well adapted to treadmill cardio (aerobic) work. . Use Treadmills to Help Meet the Physical Activity Guidelines
Cardio-respiratory exercise is the cornerstone of any good fitness program.
13. Thats why you can use treadmills to get most of the health benefits of physical activity. Aerobic fitness is critically important for your heart and for the prevention or mitigation of chronic diseases. See the Resources section for more information on the Physical Activity Guidelines and the health benefits you can derive from following them
Use Treadmills to Help Meet the Physical Activity Guidelines