2. EDITING the stage in the lm-making process in which sound and images are organised into an overall narrative!
3. Continuity Editing Continuity Editing the most common type of editing, ! which aims to create a sense of reality and time moving forward. ! Also nick named invisible editing referring to how the technique does not draw attention to the editing process! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xauSCz1mEk !
4. Jump Cut! An abrupt, disorientating transitional device in the middle of a continuos shot,! in which the action is noticeably advanced in time and/or cut between two similar shots, ! usually done to create discontinuity for artistic effect.! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2GPBBxFpEw ! !
5. Credits! the information at the beginning and end of a lm, which gives details of cast and crew etc.! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_mRqoleUVA !
6. Cross Cutting! the editing technique of alternating, interweaving, or interspersing one narrative action (scene, sequence or event) with another usually in different locations or places, thus combining the two: this editing technique usually suggests Parallel action (that takes place simultaneously). Often used to dramatically build tension and/or suspense in chase scenes or to compare two different scenes. Also known as inter- cutting or parallel editing! ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmptU7vEkNU !
7. Cutaways! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PBgEfJ4PAU ! -A brief shot that momentarily interrupts continuous action by briey inserting another related action. Object, or person (sometimes not part of the principle scene or main action), followed by a cutback to the original shot.!
8. Freeze Frame! the effect of seemingly stopping a lm in order to focus in on one event or element.! ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejMA-okgm9I !
9. Eye-line Match ! a type of edit which cuts from one character to what that character has been looking at.! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtQDncQHOXs
10. FLASHBACK a scene or moment in a lm in which the audience is shown an event that happened earlier in the lms narrative.! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDOX5Cq2LO4
11. GRAPHIC MATCH an edit effect in which two different objects of the same shape are dissolved from one into the other.! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7bvT1w77Yg !
12. Juxtaposition ! the placement of two (often opposed) images on either side of an edit to create an effect.! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbYp9oaIT8 !
13. LINEAR NARRATIVE a style of storytelling in which events happen chronologically.! ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSIYC0pucDQ!
14. MONTAGE EDITING the juxtaposition of seemingly unconnected images in order to create meaning! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBNnHlqO4cs.!
15. PARALLEL EDITING a type of editing in which events in two locations are cut together, in order to imply a connection between the two sets of events! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts1x6uADFtM
16. VISUAL EFFECTS visual effects are usually used to alter previously-lmed elements by adding, removing or enhancing objects within the scene.! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pubF_UvLig
17. MATCH ON ACTION A shot that emphasises continuity of space and time by matching the! action of the preceding shot with the continuation of the action. (For example a shot of a door opening after a shot of a close up of a characters hand turning a door handle)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv93covb53w !
18. SHOT REVERSE SHOT A lm technique where one character is shown looking at another character, and then the other character is shown looking back. Usually during a conversation scene.! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xiCIMIwLY
19. 180 DEGREE RULE The camera stays on one side of the axis of action throughout a scene, not breaking an invisible line. When shooting a scene, the camera must not cross over the line.! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wQvNq_fE0A