1. *Hook/Attention Grabber: A story about, when all else fails, a drastic change in Life. can ultimately SAVE your life
2. WELCOME **Addition to the hook......Being raised in the south, we have BBQ restaurants and Rib shacks on virtually every corner. Since I could remember, my favorite food of choice has been Rib-eye steaks and BBQ ribs.
3. change **Combine my Ethos with Attention Grabber.....*Why should my audience listen to me? Explain my Ethos: I went to the doctor and was told that I was extremely overweight at over 500 lbs., and that my blood pressure was extremely high. And on top of that, I had an extreme pain in my leg, which caused me to limp. The doctor said in a nutshell, I have to lose weightor else.
4. VEGETARIAN *The Big idea: No more Steaks and RibsBecome a VEGETARIAN- its the only way to LIVE.
5. QUALITY OF LIFE *Whats in it for your audience? Explain why my Topic is important or worth discussing: People turn to vegetarianism for different reasons, some religious, some animal activist, and for many, a healthier alternative to eating and enjoying their new quality of Life, living healthier.
6. I BET YOU DIDNT KNOW.... *** Additional impact information on the benefits of vegetarianism.
7. ITS WORTH IT!!! *Call to Adventure: Everybody Knows that Rib-eye steaks and Ribs are my favorite foods. so, if I can live without meat, and go Vegetarian, so can youits so worth it.
8. LIFE OR... ****Added Dynamics to the Call to Adventure
9. *Preview the 3 main points that will support my big idea: Going Vegetarian will change your life by.... 1. Reduce the amount of red meat thats stored in your body. 2. Lose weight the healthy way, without pills and fad
10. EXERCISE***Extra info on supporting the MAIN IDEA..
11. NO RED MEAT *Supporting point 1. As famed physician Dr. Oz stated on the Oprah show, Red meat actually rots in your stomach before it digests, which takes place 2 or 3 days after you eat it. Veggies, on the other hand, only take 12 hours to digest.
12. LIFE CHANGE *Supporting point 2. Although a vegetarian diet is not inherently a weight loss diet, it is a life change. It is also true however, that adults and children who follow a vegetarian life style are generally leaner than non- vegetarians.
13. NUTRITION * Supporting point 3. The Brown University Health Education dept. says, Vegetarian foods are a major source of nutrition, and vegetarians have lower rates of heart disease and some forms of cancer than Non-Vegetarians.
14. LIVE HEALTHY ***One more supporting point right here
15. 30 DAYS I DARE YOU!! * Call to Action: Anything worth something, especially your life, is worth trying something new. Become a Vegetarian for 30 days.I dare you!
16. *Summarize the main points: Going Vegetarian will change your life by 1. Reduce the total of amount of red meat thats stored in your body. 2. Lose weight the healthy way, without pills and fad unhealthy diets. 3. Restore lost energy and eliminate that sluggish lethargic feeling.
17. *Restore the Big idea: Becoming a Vegetarian for 30 days wont be easy, but the benefits youll see and feel, will change the way you think about your food choices forever.
18. 505 UNHEALTHY POUNDS ***More Summary on the main point
19. http://www.oprah.com/health/Facing-the-FAQs Photo credits Slide #1 courtesy of roosevelt williams Slide #2 courtesy of Roosevelt williams slide#4 hoto Credit: faith goble via Compfight cc SLIDE #5 Photo Credit: mikebaird via Compfight ccSLIDE #8 Photo Credit: Patrick Feller via Compfight cc SLIDE #9 Photo Credit: SaschaKlein via Compfight cc SLIDE #10 Photo Credit: eccampbell via Compfight cc SLIDE #14 (2) Photo Credit: IainBuchanan via Compfight cc Photo Credit: faith goble via Compfight cc SLIDE #16 Photo Credit: jDevaun via Compfight cc SLIDE #17 Photo Credit: faith goble via Compfight cc SLIDE #18 COURTESY OF ROOSEVELT WILLIAMS SLIDE #19 COURTESY OF ROOSEVELT WILLIAMS