1. How to keep your SDRs happy and performing longer Based on webinar by Sean Kester, Head of Sales Development, SalesLoft; Derek Grant, VP Sales, FullStory; Ali Gooch, Senior Sales Manager, Pardot Carlotta Failli Asena Sonmez
2. Overview What are SDRs? Why their motivation is considered a topic so relevant? Strategies to implement: Coaching Strong system Good atmosphere Efficiency Achievable goals Competition as driver Glorification Align goals Conclusion
3. What are SDRs? The Sales Development Rep (SDR) is a type of inside sales rep that focuses entirely on the front end of the sales cycle: setting qualified appointments and demonstrations. The concept of sales development and the use of sales development teams is becoming increasingly popular, even vital, to todays successful sales organizations.
4. Why their motivation is considered a topic so relevant? It is very important maintain them motivated and performing for longer period of time, on one hand because their role inside the company is considered vital for the success and on the other hand the fact that their work is quite repetitive and so it is necessary to provide them with continuous stimuli.
5. Strategies to implement: The following strategies are those considered most important for motivate and improve the performance of Sales Development Rep (SDR).
6. 1. Coaching It is important to support them with timely and accurate measurement Sales rep need a lot of skills, not only technical skills (complex role) importance of a plan (we are able to understand immediately if there is a problem, otherwise risk to intervene too late) Avoid surprises benchmark to understand if good or bad performance
7. Coaching means maintain people accountable and recognize where they are falling down Not only the performance important but understand what there is behind (people have to understand how to use the tools and use them to improve performance of the company as a whole) Figure out what are the best actions to take to motivate them and to grow their professional career
8. 2. Strong system Not important to be best players but built a strong system give them tools to work and leave them to use those in a more personal way. Collective experience= supervisor and salesmen work together, important communication
9. 3. Create a good atmosphere In a good atmosphere, they enjoy more what they are doing and as a consequence they will stay longer.
10. 4. Efficiency Its crucial to be efficient: it means to organize better their time in a day and so be able to have more appointment Efficiency is not to be the best player but a player which every moment on field is more valuable for statistics
11. Important to find efficient people in a quick and effective way Use new tools and technology: Profile in social network (updated method) Ashtag (reach people in mass) People in database
12. 5. Achievable goals Make sure the goal is something possible to reach, it will increase the self confidence and satisfaction of workers
13. 6. Competition as a driver Stimulate workers to improve their performance (position on performance ranking) Comparison with colleagues to stimulate everybody to give their best They will work in team, promoting collaboration and not individualism
14. 7. Glorification Career path (mini promotions) Glorify as much as possible, as publicly as possible
15. 8. Align goals Measuring performance through revenue or profit margin => LT vision Keep them motivated and aligned creating a link between their results and their compensation (moving in the next role) To keep they happy and performing is important to demonstrate that what they are doing really matters
16. Conclusions Many different strategies and tactics are needed to maintain SDRs happy and performing and so it is very important to continue to implement them all and together due to the interdependencies among them.