1. #INBOUND14Personalizing your Marketing with Smart ContentKate FerriePrincipal Inbound Marketing Consultant; HubSpot
2. Principal Inbound Marketing ConsultantKATEFERRIE
3. 1What is Smart Content?2How do you use Smart Content3Smart Content Examples4Anonymous Targeting
4. #INBOUND14What is Smart Content
5. #INBOUND14Smart Content lets you target content based on anything you know about your contacts, and serve up relevantcontext.
6. #INBOUND14Smart Content alters rich text modules depending on the Smart rules that you set up.How does Smart Content Work on Pages?
7. #INBOUND14Why is it Important?
8. #INBOUND141.Promotes a Great User Experience2.Provides personalized messaging that is relevant to visitors3.Increase conversion ratesHow can smart content help you?
9. #INBOUND14Same WebsiteExperience
10. #INBOUND14Smart content helps you promote a great user experience.
11. #INBOUND14Personalized Messaging
12. #INBOUND1474%of online consumers get frustrated with websites when content they see has nothing to do with their interests*2013 study from Harris Interactive and JanrainNearly three-fourths
13. #INBOUND14Smart Content will boostyour conversion rates.
14. #INBOUND1420%Theconversion rate of the page that had Smart Content was 20% higher than the page that didnt have it.Increase Conversions
15. #INBOUND142How do you use Smart Content?
16. #INBOUND14Identify your audience
17. #INBOUND14Where on your site will you place this Smart Content?
18. #INBOUND14Landing PagesSite PagesCalls to ActionEmailsWhere on your site will you place this Smart Content?
19. #INBOUND14What do you put in Smart Content Pages?
21. #INBOUND14Overall ProcessIdentify Targeted GroupsWrite default TextAdd 1stSmart RuleWrite Text for Rule 1Rinse and Repeat for Other Rules
22. #INBOUND143Smart Content Examples
23. #INBOUND14Smart Content on Site Pages & Landing Pages
24. #INBOUND14Problem: Same Homepage Experience for EveryoneSite Pages
25. #INBOUND14Solution: Smart Content based on Personas
26. #INBOUND14Step 1: Make lists based on Persona
27. #INBOUND14Step 2: Craft your Text in the pageStart with Default Text
28. #INBOUND14Step 3: Make the Module Smart
29. #INBOUND14Step 4: Add a Rule Option: Contact List
30. #INBOUND14Step 5: Select the Persona list
31. #INBOUND14Step 6: Write Text for Rule 1
32. #INBOUND14Managing & Creating your Smart ContentRules Text are we seeing
33. #INBOUND14Step 7: Add Second Smart Rule
34. #INBOUND14Step 8: Write Text for Rule 2
35. #INBOUND14Homepage Based on PersonaResult:Content that has relevance
36. #INBOUND14PRO TIP: Smart Content on PagesoDefault Text will be indexed SEO Optimize itoMake sure users can get to all valuable contentSite Pages
37. #INBOUND14Problem:Demo is very important to your sales process and knowing who is giving the demo makes it more personalized and helps conversionLanding Pages
38. #INBOUND14Solution:Show Lead Whowill be giving them the demo.How:Based on the Sales Owner that has been assigned to themLanding Pages
39. #INBOUND14Step 1: Make lists. Based on Sales Owner
40. #INBOUND14Step 2: Write Default Demo Text
41. #INBOUND14Add a Rule Option: Contact List
42. #INBOUND14Create a list for Sales Rep:
43. #INBOUND14Write Text for Rule 1
44. #INBOUND14End Result:Makes demo experience more humanized, increased conversions
45. Pro Tip: Landing Page/ Thank You PageTime delays from form submissions will hinder certain rules e.g. If using smart content on a thank you page, cannot be based on the info gathered on THAT form, will not process in timeDelay to use recently collected data: 1 min
46. #INBOUND14Email Examples
47. #INBOUND14Problem:Generic Newsletter Want to have it be more relevant and responsive to either a lead or customerSolution:Create Smart Modules within your email to render text to lifecycle stages
48. #INBOUND14Step 1: Write default Content
49. #INBOUND14Step 2: Make the Module you want Smart
50. #INBOUND14Step 3: Add Rule
51. #INBOUND14Step 4: Write Text for Customer Module
52. #INBOUND14Email NewsletterBring HAPPINESSand SUCCESS to your OrganizationHow can you transform your organization in less than a day? Invite our experts in positive psychology to speak at your organization and find out!We offer specifically designed keynotes and half/full-day trainings. Take a look at our Speakers Page to learn more.Request a SpeakerCustomerLeadFree Trial
53. Pro Tip: EmailCant break out analytics for variations
54. #INBOUND14Smart Calls to Action
55. #INBOUND1442%higherview-to-submission rateCTAs targeted to the user had a
56. #INBOUND14Problem:Have limited space to showcase a CTA but want it to be relevant to where the viewer is in the buyers journeySolution:One CTA that showcases a relevant CTA to each visitor based on their Lifecycle Stage or what content they have consumed
57. #INBOUND14Plan out What CTA each Lifecycle stage will get
58. #INBOUND14Step 1: Choose Smart CTA
59. #INBOUND14Step 2: Choose the Rule & Give it a name
60. #INBOUND14Step 3: Select Default CTACTA for Visitor Awareness Offer
61. #INBOUND14Step 4: Add a Smart CTA Rule
62. #INBOUND14Step 5: Pick the Lifecycle Stage
63. #INBOUND14Step 6: CTA For LifeCycleStage = LeadShow CTA Consideration ContentLifecycle Stage = Lead
67. Pro Tip for CTAs:Whatever rule the contact fulfilled first(listed sequentially) will be the one they are bucketed intoNeed to use Negative Lists to ensure lead moves out of one list & onto another if lead could be part of multiple listsEgHas not done_______ Lead will only be in one list at a time rather than multipleMutually Exclusive Lists are Best Practice
68. Multiple Smart Content RulesSmart List: Downloaded eBookShow Check ListDownloaded ChecklistShow Case StudyList: Has not seen ChecklistShow ChecklistList: Has not seen Case StudyShow Case StudyList: Has not seen eBookShow eBookAlways in this smart list. Smart Rules go off of the first rule listed