5 Things to Do After Moving to Your
Candlewood Lakefront Home
Moving to your new Candlewood lakefront home is exciting. But the hardest part of the move does not end when the last box is carried inside your new property. As a matter of fact, there are still several things that you have to take care of before you can fully settle in your home.
Read on for the things that you need to do after moving
to your new residence.
1. Inspect major appliancesCheck to make sure all appliances and electronic gadgets are working. If you moved major appliances such as dishwasher or stove, you need to ensure that nothing was damaged during the travel. Make sure they are all working especially if the mover prepared the appliances. Some insurance policy may have a limited time in which to make a claim.
2. Change the locksFor safety and security reasons, it is best to change the locks of your new lakefront home in Candlewood Lake. You cannot know for sure who else might have keys to it. Install new deadbolts to ensure that you are the only one who have access. You can also hire a locksmith to do the job for you.
3. Set-up your utilitiesMake sure all the services are up and running. Your first day in your new home will end end up negatively if you arrive late and the lights arent working.
4. Steam clean carpetsFor a fresh start, steam clean the carpets before moving your furniture in. A professional carpet cleaning service usually charges $50 to $150 depending on the room size. If you want to do the job yourself, you may rent a steam cleaner for about $30 per day plus supplies.
5. Get your address changedInquire what needs to be done in order to change your address. Stop by at your old post office to know the steps needed to make the change so that you wont have to miss any issue of your subscription or a bill.
6. Know where the main circuit breaker isIt pays to know here the main circuit breaker is located. Check it out and carefully study the labeling. If it is a new home and not yet labeled, label it yourself so you will know which breaker turns off which area.
Start fresh in your new Candlewood Lakefront home. Follow these tips and pretty soon you will be relaxing completely in your dream home.
For more tips on how on buying or selling a home in Candlewood Lake, visit http://www.CandlewoodLakeCTRealEstate.com
Call me, Deborah Laemmerhirt now at 203-994-4297 and let me assist you with everything you need to know about buying or selling Candlewood Lake homes. My years of experience as a preeminent real estate professional in Ridgefield, Redding, Wilton, New Fairfield, Brookfield, Bridgewater, Roxbury, Washington, Weston, Westport, Southbury, Kent, Sherman, Easton, and Bethel, CT, combined with my dedication to providing the finest service will make it easier for you to find your dream home in Connecticut.