I don’t know about you but trying to remember everything that needs to take place on just one real estate transaction is crazy right? Emails, faxes, sales agreement, receipts, notes, photos, listing presentation, text codes, voice mail notes, tax info power points, word docs, buyers, sellers, home inspections, pest inspections is nearly impossible? Its time to get some help. We are going to show how to use Evernote to get organized and take control of your personal and Real Estate life! How would it feel if you could Capture, save and share ALL your information in one very organized place that is available in the clouds on every device instantly? Don’t worry, you don’t have to spend one cent to Implement this strategy.
Text of Take Control Of Today’s Real Estate Information Overload With Evernote
Getting In Control Of Today’s Information Overload
50 Ways to Use Evernote in Your Real Estate Business
Only Using Evernote for Note Taking Is Like
Flooded by apps
• How many apps you using to keep track of – Buyers– Listings– Training– Paper work– Favorite websites– Presentations– Emails– Email attachments– Million things right?
A Couple Ideas For Evernote!• Every Customer• Sellers during process• Buyers during process• MLS tours• Expenses / Taxes• Make a habit of saving everything• Events• Trips, Vacations• Tie in mobile device, Ipad, IPhone, Droid• Except change and train yourself• Share with team members • Checklists• To-Do list• Kids to-do list• Clips from websites• Documents of all types, PDF, Word, Power points, Photos and Video
Make it a habit
• You will never get the full effect of Evernote unless you actually use it.
• Give it 30 days.• They say it takes 21 days to make something a
Is it secure?
• An Evernote representative stated in a recent webinar that Evernote uses the same security when passing data that banks do. If you trust your bank, you can trust Evernote
• Another great feature is if you have delicate information such as a password you are storing in a note, you can highlight the text, right click and encrypt the data to make sure no one could ever access it.
And this is free?
• Evernote starts out with a free version that has most of the basic features that the paid version has
• With the free account you can upload up to 60MB of data per month. With the paid version, that gets raised to 1GB of data every month.
With the premium version you also get some enhanced capabilities:
• Increased file size from 25MB to 50MB• Offline notebooks• Note history to see earlier versions• Faster image recognition• Top priority support• Allow others to edit your notes• Create a secure PIN lock for your mobile devices• Hide ads• Make PDF’s searchable
A Couple Definitions• Notes: A note is any individual entry into Evernote. A note
can be a note you typed, a photo you took, a website you clipped, an audio recording, or an email you forwarded, or more.
• Notebook: A notebook is a collection of individual notes. Think of your notebook in school. You had the wide-ruled pages and on the inside cover you may have had a pocket to put other notes or items all related to that one subject. You can have one notebook, but for real estate I am going to show you why you will want to have more than one.
Definitions• Stack: A stack is a collection of notebooks. For example, you can have a stack
called "Buyers" in which you keep all of your buyers’ notebooks, and another called "Sellers" In which you keep your sellers’ notebooks, or just a stack called “real estate” in which you kept all your real estate related notebooks.
• Tags: Your tags are attributes which you apply to your notes. You can search by tags or select certain tag groups and see the notes with just those tags. This allows you to see similar notes on a subject even though the notes may be in separate notebooks. Give a lot of thought to your tag structure as you will not want your tags to get out of control.
One example of how tags can be useful is if you scan your receipts into Evernote. You could tag them with “receipt”, but if you track two types of receipts, for tax deductions and for reimbursement, a better tagging structure would be "tax deductible" and "reimbursement
Email Confirmation you will receive
It Should Download Automatically
Works On Everything!
Your First Note
• To delete the new note you just created is easy. All you need to do is click to select the note, then hit the delete key on your keyboard.
Tools / Options
Sync When You Want To
Click All Notes First
How many notebooks do I need?
• This is your choice• No right or wrong answer• If you will be sharing notebooks you would
want to have separate notebooks
• Tags are like descriptions or attributes for your notes. Tags allow you to group like items and makes them easily accessible in the future
• Just like notebooks, there really is no right or wrong way to work with tags. That is one of the great things about Evernote; it gives you the flexibility to make it your own
Right Click / Copy Note Link
Highlight / Format / Hyperlink / Add
Getting information into EvernoteThere are about a dozen ways to get information into Evernote. You can:
• Type a note• Direct scan• Audio note• Email it• Web clipper• Snap a picture• Print it directly in• Auto import• Skitch• Penultimate• Drag it• Tweet it in
Your Evernote Email
Set Evernote As A Contact
• Set up a contact as Evernote• So that
Install the Web Clipperhttp://evernote.com/webclipper/