Text of Five Strategies to Engage & Retain Working Parents
1. Should I Stay or Should I Go? Five Strategies to Engage and Retain Working Parents Presented By: Teresa Hopke - Life Meets Work Inc. Angela Wilks OMelveny & Myers Vladimir Yelizarov OMelveny & Myers
2. Todays Facilitators Teresa Hopke Life Meets Work Vladimir Yelizarov OMelveny & Myers Angela Wilks OMelveny & Myers
3. Life Meets Work We help organizations, employees and leaders at all levels prepare for and manage the changing world of work. Services include: Strategy Consulting, Program Design and Communications Leadership Development to Improve Well-Being Team Alignment Training Womens Leadership Programs New Parent and Work Life Coaching
4. FWI National Study of the Changing Workforce Work Family Conflict
5. FWI National Study of the Changing Workforce of individuals in the workforce have acted as a caregiver over the past five years.
6. Northwestern Univ Study = Men & Family
7. Polling Question Are you having a hard time retaining, engaging or recruiting working parents? Check the options that are a challenge to you Retaining Engaging Recruiting None of the above Other
8. What parents are saying I wish someone would ask about my wife, family, dog I wish someone would ask about my wife, family, dog I wish I didnt have to feel guilty for wanting to be an involvedparent. I wish I didnt have to feel guilty for wanting to be an involvedparent. I wish I didnt have to hide my life outside of work when talking with my clients. I wish I didnt have to hide my life outside of work when talking with my clients.
9. What Working Parents Want Source: FWI National Study of Changing Workforce & LMW Client Data
10. How You Can Support Working Parents Think through when and where the work needs to get done Offer flex hours to allow for reaching goals at home and work Offer the option to work at home from time to time Make it part of business process so they dont feel singled out
11. 5 Strategies to Engage and Retain Working Parents Offer resources and convenience benefits to help ease their stress and create more time Offer coaching to challenge their thinking and focus on solutions and action
12. 5 Strategies to Engage and Retain Working Parents Offer Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) Make it easy for them to find each other Offer group coaching
13. 5 Strategies to Engage and Retain Working Parents Help leaders create a strong team that can support the needs of working parents Provide coaching to help leaders understand how to better support working parents
14. 5 Strategies to Engage and Retain Working Parents Consider and recognize both work and home obligations Help them manage their energy Create and hold people accountable for WorkLife goals
15. Best Practice Sharing. What else do you do to support working parents? Enter your responses in the Q&A feature
16. Thank you!
17. Additional Resources New Parent Career Coaching - http://www.lifemeetswork.com/services/new-parent-career- coaching/ Working Dad Confessions - http://www.lifemeetswork.com/working-dad-confessions/ Resources for Working Dads - http://www.lifemeetswork.com/resources-for-working-dads/ Why ambitious women disconnect at work and how to reconnect them http://www.lifemeetswork.com/why-ambitious-women- disconnect-at-work-and-how-to-reconnect-them/
18. Contact Info Contact Info: Teresa Hopke Senior Vice President 755 Silver Maple Drive New Prague, MN 56071 612-210-3803 firstname.lastname@example.org