1. www.fforward.biz HR Management Tour Its all about people
2. www.fforward.biz HR Management Tour Its all about peopleTour Schedule 2 *Please be advised that 1) under certain circumstances, the schedule may be changed (in case of force majeure). If a visit to a certain company cannot be carried out, tour organizers will arrange a meeting at an equally prominent company in the same field. To receive updates on the tour schedule, please contact the FastForward representatives. 2) When drawing up the schedule, tour participants requests and objectives are taken into account. Some visits are included in the schedule based on organizing companys long-term experience HR Management Tour Preliminary Schedule*
3. www.fforward.biz HR Management Tour Its all about people Tour Schedule 3 Sunday Arrival Welcome to San Francisco! On Sunday, the group arrives at the San Francisco International Airport (SFO). http://www.flysfo.com/ FastForward provides transportation (a comfortable minibus) which will take the group from the San Francisco International Airport to the hotel. We recommend the Four Seasons Hotel. http://www.fourseasons.com/siliconvalley 2050 University Avenue, East Palo Alto, CA 94303. Monday 7:30-8:15 Breakfast at the Hotel 8:15-8:30 Official welcome and tour overview. Introduction Speaker: FastForward Managing Director Alesya Glushchuk 9:00-11:00 Visit to SAP. 3410 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304. http://www.sap.com The driving force of the company is a CEO who is able to motivate. SAP made the list of 25 best employers in the IT sphere in 2011, according to businessinsider.com. During the meeting, the following topics will be discussed: major methods of personnel motivation and candidate assessment techniques. Speaker: David Swanson, Human Resources Executive. 12:00-13:30 Visit to Salesforce.com One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA, 94105 http://www.salesforce.com/ The company is listed among the best-paying and the most helpful employers according to Fortune. During the meeting, the following topics will be discussed: preferential terms for employees; motivation methods in the company. A Q&A session will be held. Speaker: Jennifer Johnston, Senior Director Employee Success. 13:30-14:30 Dinner
4. www.fforward.biz HR Management Tour Its all about peopleTour Schedule 4 15:00-17:00 Visit to Bain & Company. One Embarcadero Center, Suite 3600, San Francisco, CA 94111 http://www.bain.com/ Bain & Company is an international multi-specialty strategic consulting firm. According to Financial Times, the company is considered a high-profile recruiting expert. Bain & Company employs a visionary recruiting and personnel development system. During the meeting, discussion will focus on current HR trends, new methods and approaches to staff management, pros and cons to financial and non-financial incentives, key client focus development techniques. A Q&A session will be held. Speaker: Gregory J Caimi, Partner Bain& Company, Inc. 17:00-20:00 A guided tour of San Francisco San Francisco is considered a major US cultural centre. The tour starts at the high viewpoint of the Twin Peaks Mountains and continues to Civic Plaza, the main city square which is home to the City Hall, the San Francisco Public Library, the Opera and Ballet Theatre, and the Davies Symphony Hall. Next stop is at the Golden Gate Park, after which the group travels to Sausalito where the participants will visit the observation deck commanding a breathtaking view of the Golden Gate and San Francisco. Later, the group travels to the famous Fishermans Wharf which features numerous museums, boutiques, art galleries, restaurants, and gift shops. 18:00 Supper at the Pampas Brazilian Steakhouse 529 Alma St, Palo Alto, CA 94301, +1 650-327-1323 Tuesday 8:00-9:00 Breakfast at the Hotel 10:00-11:30 Visit to InsideView Technologies Loree Farrar, VP Human Resources ( VP Yahoo!) 444 De Haro Street, Suite 210, San Francisco, CA 94107 http://www.insideview.com/ InsideView Technologies is one of the worlds fastest-growing companies specializing in CR Platforms and Intelligence. Founded as a small private startup, the company grew to be a market leader with a sales level of over 450,000 in less than 10 years. InsideView Technologies provides services for more than 19,000 companies, including Adobe, Hub International, Franklin Covey, Rosetta Stone, and SuccessFactors. Loree Farrar has been working with the company for three months. She specializes in building an HR strategy for the companys move over to the next business level. Loree brought to the table her 20-year experience of developing HR technologies at SunPower and Yahoo! Loree helped develop the Yahoo! corporate culture when the company was expanding its staff from 3,000 to 15,000 employees. Speaker: Loree Farrar, VP Human Resources. 12:00-13:00 Visit and Dinner at Starbucks 2727 Mariposa Street,San Francisco, CA, 94110 http://www.starbucks.com/ Starbucks differs from other companies in its approach to employee training and motivation which is done locally. In 2013, the company was ranked no. 13 on the list of the most inspiring businesses. Discussion will focus on recruiting system, preferential terms for employees, and motivation methods employed at the company. A Q&A session will be held). Speaker: Raquel Mata, Store Director. 13:30-15:30 Visit to Target. 1550 El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA www.target.com/ The company is famous for its unique corporate culture. Target is the 6th largest retailer in the USA. Discussion will focus on the companys motivation system and team-building techniques. Speaker: Rachel Manfre, Team Leader and a coach.
5. www.fforward.biz HR Management Tour Its all about people Tour Schedule 5 15:30-18:00 Visit to Wharton Center for Human Resources. San Francisco at Hills Bros. Plaza; 2 Harrison Street http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/ The Wharton Center for Human Resources is a center for scientists and practitioners specializing in human resources. The center facilitates widespread networking which forges close ties and allows experts to share the latest research results and hands-on HR experience. This is the place to go for groundbreaking ideas pertaining to talent management, employee training, corporate culture development, etc. During the meeting, discussion will focus on competition for talent, referral programs based on HR metrics for high-efficiency recruitment techniques, and personalized recruiting. A Q&A session will be held. Speaker: Doug Collom, Vice Dean of Wharton Center for Human Resources. 18:00 Dinner at the Pastis Restaurant 447 S California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94306, pastispaloalto.com Wednesday 8:00-9:00 Breakfast at the Hotel 9:00-11:00 Visit to Stanford University. 450 Serra Mall, Stanford, CA 94305 A guided tour of the Stanford University campus. The tour participants will learn more of the major trends which are currently emerging and the existing educational programs. They will also get a general idea of the professionals nurtured by Stanford. 11:00-13:30 Visit to Credit Tech Union. 2010 N. First Street; San Jose, CA 95131 United States https://www.techcu.com Credit Tech Union is acknowledged as one of the best managed and the most reliable financial institutions in the US. During the meeting, discussion will focus on new employees adaptation and their development while working for the company, as well as talent management. A Q&A session will be held. Speaker: Angela Toomey, VP of Human Resources. 13:30-15:00 Dinner with an Apple representative and visit to Apple Shop 15:00-17:30 Visit to Trader Joes. 855 El Camino Road, Palo Alto, CA 94301 http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/ The companys features are independent teams and transparency. Since its inception, Trader Joes has been included in the Fortune 100 list of the best employers on a yearly basis. During the meeting, discussion will focus on teamwork and integrity, transparency policy and its influence on employees, as well as new approaches to staff motivation. A Q&A session will be held. Speaker: Jason Jacob, Store Captain (Director of the store). 17:30 Dinner at the Maggianos Little Italy Restaurant. 3055 Olin Ave #1000, San Jose, CA 95128, +1 408-423-8973 urbanspoon.com
6. www.fforward.biz HR Management Tour Its all about peopleTour Schedule 6 Thursday 8:00-9:00 Breakfast at the Hotel 9:00-11:00 Visit to Alexander and Krol, LLC. Alexander and Krol, LLC is an executive search company specializing in high tech and IT sectors on the US and Eastern European markets. For more than 20 years, the company has been amassing experience in HR and executive recruiting. Among its clients are Google, HP, Sony, Yandex, Zynga, and New World Symphony. During the meeting, discussion will focus on key methods and secrets to executive recruiting, as well as IT recruiting features. Speaker: Natalia Krol, Managing Partner. 11:00-13:00 Visit to LinkedIn. 2029 Stierlin Ct, Mountain View, CA 94043, The companys features are its corporate culture and team spirit. The company is ranked no. 15 on the best IT employers list. During the meetings, discussion will focus on new headhunting tools and methods used to encourage employees to promote the companys values. A Q&A session will be held. Speaker: Head of Talent. 13:00-13:30 Dinner at LinkedIn. 13:30-16:00 Visit to Facebook. The companys features are its powerful corporate culture and team spirit. Facebook has been named the best employer in the US and the best American company to work for. During the meeting, discussion will focus on the companys corporate culture, innovative methods and approaches to employee management, working environment structure, and the companys HR department operation. A Q&A session will be held. Speaker: Cortney E., Head of Technical Recruiting; Natalie H., HR Business Partner. 16:00-18:00 Visit to Google. 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, M