Text of Attract, engage and retain members with learning programs
1. Attract, engage and retain members with learning programs
2. Introduction In the following deck well share some valuable insights from our Society and Association Membership Survey 2014 Survey sent to 1.2m research professionals across 75 disciplines Why: to learn more about how research professionals view scholarly societies and associations Around 14,000 respondents
3. Top 3 most valued society activities 9% Peer-reviewed journal Opportunities for continuing education Publication with latest techniques and trends Source: Wiley Society Membership Survey 2014. 26%27%
4. The majority of societies are already investing in eLearning. 22% 78% Source: Association Learning Management Systems Report, Tagoras. Already investing in e-learning Not yet investing in e-learning
5. eLearning adding value for members Members rank opportunities for continuing education and training as the second most valuable activity societies and associations provide. Lifelong learning. Professional Development. Community Engagement.
6. Society perspective why offer learning programs? 1. Positive influence 2. Raise society profile 3. Alternative revenue stream 4. Engagement with members 5. Great member benefit The right education strategy will help you to better engage with your membership, ensuring you recruit and retain more members, at the same time enhancing your societys reputation.
7. Engagement drives renewals of society members feel disengaged of millennials value continuing education more than any other society benefitof members engage in maintaining associations certification Source: Wiley Society Membership Survey 2014. 34% 25% 30%
8. Martin Davies Society Learning Director, Wiley eLearning should be part of the strategic roadmap for societies who wish to diversify or improve their membership value propositions to satisfy and attract members. Read the full blog post How can scholarly societies or associations add value with eLearning programs?
9. Would you like to find out more? Download the FREE Society and Association Membership Survey 2014 findings white paper. Contact Martin Davies - email@example.com