1. KNOW & OBSERVE RULES FOR SAFETY & SANITATION Personal hygiene& clean work habit. Cleaning agent; pesticides & poisonous materials should be clearly marked & kept away from food. Storage of food under conditions that protect it from contamination & the holding time & temperature. Strict observation of safety precautions because people in large kitchens work with power tools, sharp instruments & high temperature.
2. CONT; SURPRISE FACTOR FREQUENT INJURIES RESPECT FOR ELECTRICAL POWER No one should attempt to lift heavy equipment & large volume materials.
3. CONT; Understand & specific requirements or assignments. Consider the following: 1. Item to be prepared 2. Serving portion & size 3. Serving time 4. Time, types & condition of service 5. Venue or place.
4. CHECK RECIPE CALCULATIONS STANDARD RECIPE- is a set of recipe with carefully adjust ingredients & their proportion to produce products of acceptable quality & in amounts sufficient for the desired number of portions. STANDARDIZED RECIPE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: 1. Name of the recipe, serving portion 2. Ingredients, specifications 3. procedures
5. CONT; 1. Procedures 2. Equipment to be used 3. Cooking time/ temperature 4. Garnish & plating Collecting supplies that will be required immediately.
6. CONT; ASSEMBLE NEEDED EQUIPMENT. PLAN FOR THE PROGRESS OF WORK ALLOT TIME FOR THE WORK TO BE DONE.
7. WORK SIMPLIFICATION Is the study of tasks & operations or a group of operations to determine the most efficient method of performance. STEPS IN WORK SIMPLIFICATION PROGRAM: 1. Make ready- arrange or pre- position correctly, all tools & supplies. 2. Do- used correct standard procedures in proper eaquence.
8. CONT; 3. Put away- carry through to completion all operations started. STANDARDIZATION OF WORK TECHNIQUES. it is important in a successful work simplification program, in order to obtain data on how much of any task can be accomplished in a given time & the cost of an hours work in relation to output.
9. STANDARD METHOD & PRACTICES 1. Make a plan & organize work. 2. Use the correct method & proper sequence. 3. Have a regular time for the performance. 4. Collect all proper equipment & pre-position. 5. Collect & prepare all ingredients 6. Perform all the same operation at one time. 7. Provide for short rest period.
10. STANDARD WORK SPACE & EQUIPMENT. 1. A function floor plan with proper equipment. 2. Comfortable work units to include adequate & proper lighting & ventilation. 3. a well- planned workspace. 4. Suitable equipment. 5. Standard motion.
11. WORK SIMPLIFICATION IN VARIOUS KITCHEN UNITS. MANAGEMENT RANGE UNIT VEGTABLE UNIT SALAD UNIT PASTRY UNIT
12. ASSIGNMENT 1. WHAT IS PORTION CONTROL? 2. HOW DOES PORTION CONTROL HELP CONTROL THE FOOD COST? 3. WHAT IS PORTION SUBSTITUTION?