3. God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons that we could learn no other way. CS Lewis
4. From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God. He said: In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry.
5. You hurled me into the depths, into the very heart of the seas, and the currents swirled about me; all your waves and breakers swept over me. I said, I have been banished from your sight; yet I will look again toward your holy temple.
6. The engulfing waters threatened me, the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head. To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you, LORD my God, brought my life up from the pit.
7. When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, LORD, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple. Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from Gods love for them. But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you.
8. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, Salvation comes from the LORD. And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land. Jonah 2
9. Jonah is a reluctant Disciple but God is relentless Father.
10. Facing a Storm of Self-Confidence Everyone says forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have someone to forgive. CS Lewis
11. A Whale of a Wake-Up Suffering is when your life conditions dont match the model of the world you believe in and you feel powerless to change it.
12. A whole new REALITY emerges Jonahs salvation, just like Ninevehs, is a gift from God.
13. In the Belly of a Whale Whos ultimately in charge? (Question of Authority) What is Gods purpose? (Question of Clarity)
14. In the Belly of a Whale Am I a Follower or a Fan? (Question of Commitment)