Going from paper to almost no paper was quite a journey. Share the bumps as we head to smooth sailing.
Text of Document Management at East Carolina University
1. Document Management atEast Carolina University Paul Leon Gipson BDMS Administrator ITCS-SDS-Finance November 10, 2010
2. What is Document Management? A Document Management System (DMS) is a computer system used to track and store electronic documents and/or images of paper documents. Sometimes used interchangeably with Document Imaging, Workflow and Records Retention. We use EMCs ApplicationXtender and SunGardHEs BDMS.
3. Project Goals
Promote the reduction of paper
4. Improve storage, retrieval, and records retention
5. Provide secure and timely information sharing between departments
6. Improve existing business processes and workflows