Short overview of mobile apps/web landscape/challenges and development platforms.
Text of Future:apps&mobile - mobile landscape and development platforms
1. Future:apps&mobileMobile landscape and development platforms
2. 600% growth in trafc to mobile websites in 2010. mobile searches grew 130% in Q3 2010 40% of tweets via mobile 16% of new users on mobile. 200 millionactive mobile users mobile transactions increased in 2009: from $25M to $141M. Visitors to web-based emails sites -7%. Visitors accessing email on mobile + 36% 43% smartphone usersused it to assist shopping By 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide.
3. Are apps the Web 3.0 ?What mobile subscribers do: 68,0% have sent SMS 36,4% used browser 34,4% downloaded apps 24,7% accessed social network or blog 23,2% played games 15,7% listened to music Source: ComScore December 2010
4. Apps are different mobile apps web pages packaging self-contained set of pages personalizing location, contacts typed info app store, other apps, discovering web search & links web search & links micropayments, ads, monetizing subscription ads, subscription interacting sensors, touch mouse, keys measuring downloads attention Source: Vison Mobile, Mobile Megatrends 2011
5. Smartphone users are different 43% 60% 71% expect websites expect websites wont return if websiteload on phone as fast to load in 3 seconds loads too slow as on desktop on phone on phone Source: Compuware 2011, What Users Want From Mobile