- 1. SAP HROverviewLast modified by: Bunty Jain SAP HR ABAP, Delhi, India, IT SAP Training[email_address]
2. Why HR is different from other modules ? The following concepts are defined in HR which differs this module with other modules 1. Use ofInfotypes 2. The use of Logical Database 3. Use of Macros 4. Storage and Access of data 5Authorization checks 3. TheHR module is divided mainly intothe following components. 1.Personnel Administration and Payroll Accounting 2.Personnel Planning and Development 4. Personnel Administration It relieves you from the daily administrative routine activities which are costly and time consuming, while simultaneously supporting you in demanding planning activities. EgOrganization management comes under administration. 5. Payroll accounting It deals with the employee salaries in theOrganization . Eg : Calculating the Gross salary,Net salary. 6. Personnel Planning and Development : It was designed to support the decision making process in anyorganization. It deals with giving inputs and taking outputs from the employees and setting up goals to individual employees and impart training to the employees.It also deals with recruitment of employees for the organization. Eg. Recruitment ,Training and event management comes under planning. There are other functions like time and travel management in HR 7. Organization : We can define an Organization as an individual Enterprise (company or industry) in which someone is leading it and with some departments like HR,Marketing,Finance,R&D etc. For any organization Employees are the most powerful resource. So to maintain the employee related data we require one system which ensures accuracy and consistent within the Organization. 8. XYZ Inc. XYZChemicals XYZPharmaceuticals Chennai HYD Manufacturing Planning Company code Personnel Area PersonnelSub-area ORGANIZATIONHIERARCHY 9.
- The organizational hierarchy deals with the following areas :
- The company structure or corporate groupis dividedinto :
Company Structure 11. Company code: Represents the highest level of Company structure. Personnel Area : It can represent large divisions within a company and Geographic locations . Personnel Sub-area : Personnel sub areas are a subdivision of the personnel area. At this level ,the organizational aspects are controlled . Country groupings , Public Holiday calendar and wage type structures comes under organizational aspects . Company Structure (Contd) 12. XYZ Inc. XYZChemicals XYZPharmaceuticals Chennai HYD Manufacturing Planning Company code Personnel Area PersonnelSub-area ORGANIZATIONHIERARCHY 13. The components inPersonnel structure are Administrative : Employee Group, Employee Subgroup andPayroll area. Organizational : Job, Position andOrganizational unit. 14. Employee Group :General classification of employees. Active ,Retired, Contractors andExternal Employees. Employee Sub group : Division of employee groups. Hourly based, Salaried, Executives andTrainees Personnel structure (Contd) 15. Payroll Area :The active employees are also divided into payroll areas that determinewhen they receive theirpaychecks like weeklyor semi-monthly.Personnel structure (Contd) 16. Job :Description of activity performed by the Employee. Coding,Management Position :Employee Placement or individual employee assignment within the company. Software Engineer orManager Organization Unit :Performs a specific set of functions within company. Department orsubsidiary etc Personnel structure (Contd) 17. Developer S / W Engineer Trainee Job Positions Management General Manager Sr.Manager Job Positions Personnel structure (Contd) 18. Job Positions One to manyrelationship APCI Project-Job Designing CodingTesting Quality control Positions Personnel structure (Contd) 19.
- Entering personnel data :
- Employee-specific data is entered according to the following guidelines:
- Fitting the employee into the organizational structure has the
- highest priority; this is the first step in entering personal data.
- The set of valid entries for the entry mask is defined in the
- The set of valid entries in the tables is further restricted
- depending on the organizational assignment of the employee.
Last modified by: Bunty Jain SAP HR ABAP, Delhi, India, IT SAP Training[email_address] 20.
- When a new Personnel number is created , the following
- Infotypes have to be maintained first.
- Organizational Assignment (0001)
- A function that groups together infotypes for processingpersonnel procedures.
- Business Procedures in Personnel Administration
- When managing employee data the following tasks canperform
- Organizational reassignment
22. Hiring an employee: When assigning a new employee in a company, we have to enter large amount of data for employee into the system. In HR different types of employee data are stored in infotypes. When hiring an employee, we need to maintain lot of infotypes, Hiring can be carried out using a personnel event. 23. Organizational reassignments:Important changes in an employee's career path must be documented in the system. Consequently, the standard SAP system contains the personnel event Organizational reassignment.When you run this personnel event, the system will automaticallyoffer you the infotypes that you need to maintain. 24. Leaving the company: When the employee leaves the company, certain infotypes cannotbe changed .The personnel event Leaving is used to depict anemployee leaving the company in the system. This event gives the infotypes for maintaining the data of when an employee leaves the company. 25.
26. HR Technical Overview 27. Data handling in HR (Using of Infotypes): Master data in HR is stored in infotypes. Each infotype pertains to a specific type of data. Each infotype has a database table associated with it. Example : For Infotype 0000, the correspondingdatabase table associated with it is PA0000 . 28. What is Infotype The information units used to enter the data of an employee are called infotypes. The Infotypes are used to group related data fields together. E.g.. IT0006.(address) Why Infotype As HR is related to time , we require old data as well as new data. The data we enter into the infotypes are automatically checked for accuracy and against the table entries.In simple, HR data is huge and to access data easily we require Infotype. 29. What is logical database? The LDB is special type of ABAP program that combines the contents of certain related database tables and retrieve some related data and make it available to application programs. In other words, a LDB is a method by which ABAP programs read and process the data. The sequence in which the data is supplied to theprogram is determined by a tree structure. 30.
- The LDB usually consists of the following components.
Logical Database (Contd) 31. Logical databases have atreestructure . A logical database can contain a maximum of300tables Logical Database (Contd) 32. SAPDBPNPis the name of the database program for thelogical database PNP. Logical Database (Contd) 33. How are logical database used 1.Logical databases when generating an ABAP program oThe selection screen generated contains the selections(SELECT-OPTIONS AND PARAMETERS)of both the logical database and theprogram.oThe only database-specific selections displayed on the selection screen are those needed by the program for data retrieval purposes Logical Database (Contd) 34. 2. Logical databases at run-time of an ABAP program At run-time, the system processes the events in the programand in thelogical database in the following order oBefore displaying the selection screen, certain initializations (e.g. calculating default values such askey date, etc.) areperformed for the selection screen by the logical databaseand theprogram. oThe selection screen is displayed and the user enters data in theinput fields. Logical Database (Contd) 35. oThe logical database and the program check that the input iscorrect and complete , but also that the user has the appropriateauthorizations. If an error occurs, some fields are madeready for input again, so that the user can make the necessary correction(s). oIn the eventSTART-OF-SELECTION,the ABAP program performs anypreliminary work (for ex, importing files).oThe logical database reads the selected data and theprogramprocesses it within the GET events according tothe sequence specified by the structure. oIn the eventEND-OF-SELECTION,the ABAP program performsanyconcluding operations(for example, calculating totals,exporting files). Logical Database (Contd) 36. 3 . Designing the selection screens oThe standard selection screen of a logical databasehas a standard layout where SELECT-OPTIONS and PARAMETERS appear in the sequence they are declared, each on a new line. The system automatically generates such a scr