1. START UP IDEAS : SEARCH ENGINE FOR APPS IN DESKTOP NaveenKumar Namachivayam Founder: www.QAInsights.com | www.Excel2013.org
2. APP ONLY: GOOD OR BAD Major online mega store Flipkart and Myntra decides to shutdown its website and keep only apps Myntra closed its desktop site on May 15, 2015 Flipkart offers more discounts if you checkout from your mobile Flipkart and Myntra traffic analytics shows that most of their customers buying from mobile device. Source:http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technology/story/myntra-to-shut-its-desktop-site-on-may-15/1/437282.html http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/flipkart-to-become-app-only-platform-to-shut-down-mobile-website-259744.html
3. PROS OF APP-ONLY It saves operating costs Reduction in human resources (development, maintenance, support help desk etc.)
4. CONS OF APP-ONLY Forcing the end-users to use only mobiles Losing customers base Losing its online presence in search engines Average customer spent at least 5-8 minutes in an e-commerce apps Mobile carrier charge might affect the customers to checkout from mobile If the user needs items like apparels, it is ideal to see it in the desktop and buy. Such items appeals in the bigger screen.
5. CURRENT SCENARIO 1 Assume that e-commerce site ABC Store has mobile-app only store Say user is searching shirts for men from desktop Now the search engine displays www.abc-store.com/shirts If the user clicks on it, it will redirect to www.abc-store.com/shirts ABC Store displays WE ARE APP ONLY Now the user MIGHT grab mobile and MIGHT place the order Else, the user switches the store which has web presence
6. CURRENT SCENARIO 2 Assume that e-commerce site ABC Store has mobile-app only store Say user is searching dual sim mobile under 5000 Rs from desktop ABC Store has lots of dual sim mobile under 5000 in its listings Search engine might display the results But if the user clicks and ABC Store displays mobile-app only. Now the user MIGHT grab mobile and MIGHT place the order Else, the user switches the store which has web presence.
7. CURRENT SCENARIO 3 Assume that e-commerce site ABC Store has mobile-app only store XYZ Store is the competitor who has both mobile and desktop versions Say user is searching refrigerators under 10000 Rs from desktop ABC Store has lots of offers in its listings. XYZ Store also has the similar offers. Search engine might display the results the both the stores But if the user clicks and ABC Store displays mobile-app only. User frustrates and now he/she clicks on XYZ Store Now the user places the order ABC Store loses their customer base SLOWLY
9. HOW CAN APP-ONLY STORE RETAINTHEIR CUSTOMERS? If the user search tablet under 10K search engine should search within app-only store and display the results. But now, major search engines will display the app link e.g. Play Store, Apple Store links in the search results page. When the user clicks on that link, browser should open the respective mobile page with the mobile user agent string (if the store allows). Or else, it should give an option to open that link in a mobile simulator.
10. HOW CAN APP-ONLY STORE RETAINTHEIR CUSTOMERS? There are two options: Building a dedicated search engine which should search inside the apps Building an interface which should be able to place an order without mobile
11. ITS JUST MYTHOUGHTS/IDEAS I am not sure my idea works or not I am not sure my thoughts are great or not If my idea is great, I do not know how to proceed further If you feel this can be done, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. THANKYOU Visit www.QAInsights.com and www.Excel2013.org Image are from the option Online Pictures of Microsoft PowerPoint