1. (Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal) Ambedkar Memorial Park, Lucknow
2. It is spread across more than 107 acres in Gomti Nagar of Lucknow. Its lanes are full with greenery and have about 20 feet wide canal which surrounds this Ambedkar memorial. During night, Ambedkar Udyan is illuminated with beautiful lighting as it seems as if the whole park has come alive. The entire memorial is built using red sandstone brought from Rajasthan.
3. It Consists of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Smarak Samajik Parivartan Sangrahalaya Samajik Parivartan Gallery Pratibimb Sthal Drishya Sthal Gautam Buddha Sthal Samajik Parivartan Stambh Monumental elephant gallery Bronze fountains Ashokan Columns & urns Entrance plazas etc.
4. Ambedkar Stupa This construction is the heart of the entire Memorial. The sanctum sanctorum consists of many statues depicting the biography of Ambedkar. It is 112 ft. high and has a 18 ft. high bronze statue of Dr. Ambedkar. There are four doors in opposite directions. This is a construction in the shape of flower with four petals. There is a statue of Ambedkar seated in a chair, facing towards the two domes. At the bottom of the statue a message in Hindi reads:
5. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sangrahalay Opposite to Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial, the Sangrahalay (Museum) is located which is constructed in an area of about 2.5 acre (11,008 sq.m.) The building has two domes on its top. It contains large statues of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule, Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj, Shri Narayan Guru, Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar and Shri Kanshiram. Another building consists of 18' tall marble statues of Tathagat Gautam Buddha, Sant Kabir das, Sant Ravidas, Guru Ghasidas and Shri Birsa Munda.
6. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Gallery Constructed in an area of 04 acre (16,207 sq.M.) this place has Murals made of bronze. A grand Stambh Dirgha on other side of the Gallery looks attractive.
7. Pratibimb Sthal It is the main entrance to the memorial guarded by statues of 62 elephants either side of the way. It looks like elephants are giving you royal salute.
8. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial Drashya Sthal Constructed on a 80 feet tall pyramid type structure, on the back of Pratibimb Sthal. This place can be used to view the whole area. Flow of water from the top of pyramid, entertains the visitors.
9. DR. Bhimrao Ambedkar Gomti Buddha Vihar Bhimrao Ambedkar gomti Buddha Vihar is situated just adjacent to Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal. It is a 30 meter wide and about 700 meter long stretch of Gomti river front spread across an area of 7.5 acres. You can see the 18 feet high four-faceted marble statue of Tathagat Gautam Buddha, which is installed here.
10. Facts and figures about Ambedkar park of Lucknow Total cost: 700 crores or 7 Billion rupees 2,700+ workers were involved in completing Ambedkar park of Lucknow 2 fountains of 3 crore rupees each have been installed here. There are more than 3,000 elephants including big and small statues here. The estimated cost of 64 elephants which are sculpted in sandstone is around 40 crore rupees. 350 artisans from Rajasthan worked here to beautify the place.
11. PHOTOS (internet)
12. PHOTOS (internet)
13. -makarandpraful FIFTH YR.B.ARCH L.S.RAHEJA SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE