2. Whats this all about? Heres a little something for all of our foodie travellers to chew on. Let us guide you through the top countries we believe to be the best providers of blow-your-socks off transatlantic cuisine:
3. 1. Italy Visit Italy for wholesome and home-cooked foods that will undoubtedly include the genius employment of a tomato that no other culture can quite conquer in the same way. Whether its a pasta or pizza dish, you will find the ingredients to be rich in olive oil and garlic, sprinkled with the imperative accent of an Italian cheese. Most probably, a succulent parmesan or mozzarella. Also notorious for its gelato, Italian ice-cream is a definite must when visiting the country. Ensure you indulge in the feast of light bites that are involved in an antipasto board, such as cured meats, olives and vegetables.
4. 2. Mexico Dont think Taco Bell is all there is to offer from the Latin American country. These spices are usually the counterparts of the countrys notorious trademark dishes such as enchiladas, burritos, fajitas, quesadillas... the list goes on.
5. 3. India You will find your foods spices, vegetables and meats will be localised to the area of the country you visit. In northern India you will find they satisfy a creamier pallet with yoghurt based dishes, eastern India caters to the sweet tooth with its popular sweet deserts soaked in sugar syrup, whereas western India is for the savoury meat eater where pork is a regular component, whilst the south is not for the fainthearted due to being famous for their brave use of spices.
6. 4. France The finesse of flavour in French foods is achieved through their love of garlic and onion seasoning. Red wine, a selection of cheese and beef bourguignon completed with the delicious desert of a chocolate souffl is not something to be missed, and will assuredly leave you feeling rather Va Va Voom.
7. 5. Thai Thailand offers a cuisine that is light, intricate and colourful, reflective of its culture, environment, ingenuity and values. Either play it safe with a fragrant Thai green chicken curry or be brave with hot and sour shrimp soup.
8. What now? Read the full blog at: The Top Five Countries For Foodies