1. January 2014 http://raleigh.issa.org LinkedIn Facebook @RaleighISSA
2. Welcome New Members & Guests Hello from the board and your Member Development Director- Andre Henry Guests Dawn Fromme Karen Oslund Deloy Shaw Andrew Householder Carlos Abrego William Foreman Brian Shields Gerald Foreman New Members Damian Romano Allison Pope Matthew Sounier Ivan Torres Patrick McNeil Taylor Fulford Larry Brantley William Clark Al Roethlisberger Guests are always welcome! $10 for dinner and the show http://raleighissaguest.eventbrite.com
3. Announcements! 2014 Elections Update President = Robert Martin VP = Mark Whitteker Treasurer = Mark Fontes Education Director = Chuck Kesler Communications Director = Greg Handerhan Secretary = Debra Taylor Conference Director = Nathan Kim Digital Media Director = Frank Jou
4. Chapter Sponsors
5. Finances Update Chapter Treasurer: Mark Fontes
6. Finances Update Chapter Treasurer: Mark Fontes email@example.com
7. Finances Update Chapter Treasurer: Mark Fontes firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Minutes Update Chapter Secretary: Debra Taylor email@example.com At the December meeting Attendees: 93 Sponsored by: Raleigh ISSA Presentation: Member social with Trivia & refreshments Mark was the ultimate trivia wizard! Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 74 94 76 78 77 87 94 89 93 150 52 117
9. InfoSeCon 2014 Chapter Conference Director: Nathan Kim firstname.lastname@example.org Planning is underway for our 2014 InfoSeCon Volunteers needed Sponsors needed How many attendees are we shooting for?
10. Education Updates Chapter Education Director: Chuck Kesler email@example.com We are forming a team to work together on Education events for 2014. Anyone interested in volunteering to assist with planning and/or delivering education events should contact Chuck Kesler (firstname.lastname@example.org). Voice your suggestion on the member survey Currently, we are planning to continue the Back-to-Basics sessions.. Will keep the same schedule, running 5-6pm prior to the Chapter meeting. Looking for volunteers and topic ideas! Plans for other events will be based on survey responses. Some ideas: CISSP Review - need to make sure there is sufficient interest and support to deliver this, or if there are other formats we could use to accomplish the same thing.
11. Education Updates (cont.) Chapter Education Director: Chuck Kesler email@example.com Are there other certifications that there our members are interested in pursuing, and should we develop programs to help with those? Ethical Hacking - tremendous interest when this was done previously. Should this become a regular thing? Can we do this without tapping out Mr. Linn? Capture-the-Flag - another popular event that has been a traditional part of InfoSeCon, but should we do a dedicated CtF event at a different time during the year? Professional development outside of tech skills - presenting, project management, etc What else? We want ideas!
12. Jobs Updates Career Support Director: Tom Purdy Career Services Director: Laura Keyte Need or have jobs? Contact: Tom Purdy (firstname.lastname@example.org) Career Support Director Laura Keyte (email@example.com), Career Services Director & Technical Recruiter Chapter Jobs Networking meeting: McKimmon Center Lobby Every month, 6:00-6:40 before main chapter meeting Recruiters Taylor Ward (TWard@ettaingroup.com) ettain group Job opportunities: Emailed to Jobs Networking members Interested? contact Tom Purdy http://raleigh.issa.org/jobs Events Opportunities (members, recruiters, LinkedIn, forums ) Job-Related Websites & Articles Link on website footer
13. Upcoming Events January 9th Raleigh ISSA Chapter Meeting 16th Data Connectors Raleigh Tech-Security Conference 2014 ~26 MEMBER SURVEY We want to hear your feedback! 29th ISSA-Security Reflections of 2013 and Predictions for 2014 February 6th Raleigh ISSA Chapter Meeting 24th RSA Conference 2014
14. Next Meeting February 6th @ McKimmon Center
15. Sponsored by Tonights Presentation Mobile Security: Manage Devices or Manage Applications Eric Cray Sr. Systems Engineer, Symantec