2. 2/5/2013 Building Leaders To Grow Your Company Presented by: Tom McKeown Vice President of Global Sales Judy Fort Sr. Solutions Engineer
3. Make sure that team members know they are working with you, not for you. - John Wooden Former UCLA Basketball Coach 10 National Championships 3
4. Agenda What is a Career Development Plan Benefits of Career Plans Employee Company Coaching and Managing to the Plan Integrated Part of Talent Management Demonstration Questions 4
5. 5 Employees too often assume that the plan is the totally the responsibility of the company and their manager. Collaborative
6. 6 What is a Career Development Plan
7. 7 List of the short and long-term goals Sequence of formal and informal experiences What is a Career Development Plan Training Projects Mentorship Acting
8. 8 Link strengths and potential Pertains to current and future jobs What is a Career Development Plan
9. 9 Benefits Who Gains?
10. 10 Set Realistic Expectations Identify Areas for Development Formalize a Roadmap Not a Commitment Benefits - Employee
11. 11 Maslows Hierarchy of Needs Self-actualizing people are self-aware, concerned with personal growth, less concerned with the opinions of others, and interested fulfilling their potential.
12. 12 Retention Cost* Importance** 1. Compensation and Benefits 2. Work/Life Balance 3. Career and Development * Source Human Capital Institute ** Source World at Work Benefits - Company Salary Average x 1.5 Above Average x 234
13. 13 Increased Performance Building Future Leaders Benefits - Company Manager Contributor Contributor Contributor Manager Contributor
14. 14 Coaching and Mentoring
15. 15 Coaching and Mentoring - Manager Theory X Managers Employees Disliked Work Seek to avoid responsibility Need push Theory Y Managers Employees Inherent creativity Direct own work
17. 3. Conducting a 1-1 Meeting Consistent Agenda Progress on Assigned Goals Obstacles and Solutions Evaluation of New Requests Opportunities to Coach Not bragging Coaching and Mentoring - Manager
18. 18 Part of Total Talent Management The main benefit of talent management is in ensuring that your company has: The right people, in the right positions, at the right time. - Deloitte Consulting
19. Unified Talent Management
20. Who is HRsmart Founded in 1994 Offices Around the Globe 1350+ worldwide customers Over 1500 global solutions available in 30 languages Total number of corporate users: Over 250k
21. 21 Demonstration
22. 22 Questions March 26-27| Booth #F32 Visit our booth and enter a drawing to win a JAMBOX or an iPad!
23. 23 First Quarter Promotion Purchase our Applicant Tracking or Performance Management Solution on a three year subscription before March 31st and you will receive our Career Development Succession Planning Solution with training for one year at no additional cost!
24. 24 Upcoming Webinars February 19th 11AM Central Applying Business Intelligence to Salary Planning Devin Squeri CEO of Sentient
25. Contact Information Tom McKeown Vice President of Global Sales Tmckeown@hrsmart.com Office: 972.783.3000