•Packaging your•AIESEC Experience*
Why would an organization recruit
Recruitment is the process by which a business seeks to hire the right
person for a vacancy. The firm writes a job description and person
specification for the post and then advertises the vacancy in an
What are the top 10 skills that a company looks for
in their employees?
A curriculum vitae (CV) provides an overview of a person's experience and other qualifications. In some
countries, a CV is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants,
often followed by an interview, when seeking employment.
WHAT IS A CV?
Your CV should be: - A well-presented, selling document - A source of interesting, relevant information - A script for talking about yourself
Remember: The purpose of your CV is not to get you the job. It is to get you an interview!!
What it should include:
• Choose a presentation format that allows you to headline key skills, key achievements or key attributes.
• Your employment history should commence with your current or most recent job and work backwards.
• Achievements should be short, bullet- pointed statements and include your role, the action you took and the result of your action.
• Hobbies: Drop them if you run out of space!! • Information that clearly demonstrates your suitability for the role and
enhances your chances of being short-listed should be included near the beginning of the CV
• Include details of recent training or skills development events you have attended which could be relevant.
• List all your professional memberships and relevant qualifications.
LET’S BUILD YOUR CV
In groups of 3 or 4, come up with some narrative that you could put on a CV that describes what AIESEC - the organization - is all about. You will be briefed on your target organization on the
Sell your experience to the following
Come up with a summary on AIESEC geared to the following recruiters: – Government job; – Multinational; – Venture capitalist; – MBA college;
Your AIESEC experience is work experience!