1. Edra is a iconic brand of Italian design. Its unique and recognizable style is original, exclusive and luxurious. The 2015 Edra collection, presented at the Salone del Mobile, confirms the company's ability to amaze and create objects that are placed on the border between design and art. Sculpture- chairs, tables as paintings, sofas that seem to change shape when you look at them from different perspectives: each piece in the 2015 Edra collection is out of the ordinary and eye-catching. Let's see them up close.
2. Gilda B. Chair The Gilda B. chair is a creative project of designer Jacopo Foggini, shown at Salone del Mobile in Milan 2015. The Gilda B. chair is characterized by a distinctive sensation of liquefaction. A seat characterized by Warm amber tones as the whisky wrapped in transparent crystal. Edra, leader company in made in Italy design, realizes this model with seat and back are a single body of extruded polycarbonate, mounted on semi-glossy black legs. Timeless elegance. Foggini dedicates the Gilda B. chair Dedicated to Gilda Bojardi, editor-in-chief of Interni. Each chair of the Jacopo Foggini Collection is a sculpture unlike any other. Back height, width, shape,dust and imperfections, color and distribution of matter, and the fact that it is shaped by hand, makeeach piece unique and precious. Each chair has its own character, elegant and unique.
3. Ella Chair The Ella small armchair is the creative project by designer Jacopo Foggini and takes part to the Edra collection shown at the Salone del Mobile in Milan 2015. The Ella chair is a real sculpture, a masterpiece unlike any other, as every creations by Foggini. Edra, leader company in made in Italy design, realizes the Ella small armchair with armrests, entirely entirely handmade in polycarbonate. The chair is supported by a pedestal that allows rotation. As a flower, the Ella chair has a blackstem, while the corolla of petals is coloured of transparent and soft hues mix green and blue, in a vivacious and original mix. Back height, width, shape, dust and imperfections, color and distribution of matter, and the fact that it is shaped by hand, makeeach piece unique and precious. Each chair has its own character, elegant and unique.
4. Absolu Sofa The Absolu Sofa is the creation of designer Francesco Binfar, shown at Salone del Mobile in Milan 2015 and realized by Edra, leader company in made in Italy design. The Absolu sofa is a distinct model, available in different sizes, from the most classic to the most generous, always with the target of offer the maximun comfort. Edra has enriched this model with large "smart" cushion that you can move to any socket of the backrest and armrest. A cushion that you can raise, lower, tilt separately to the left or right with a light and pleasant movement. The Absolu sofa is a padded sofa with a an absolute elegance and sobriety, a timeless sofa indipendent from fashion.
5. The seat, realized in Gellyfoam, are availablein different shapes and sizes, all characterized from an absolute elegance. The various elements that can be combinedwith each other and are also available with different depths, allow to achieve linear, angular or curvy compositions,for every need and use. The absolute elegance and sobriety of Absolu stand out in the classical angular/orthogonalcompositions. The large smart and moldable cushions and the seat padded with Gellyfoam let you enjoy unsurpassedcomfort. The smart cushion is easy to move, use and shape in different positions. With a simple movement, you can gofrom a classic sofa to the position of chaise longue, always obtaining the maximum comfort. Edra realizes the Absolusofa in the Large version, has broader dimensions both in width and in depth. The deeper seat offers the possibility ofextreme and casual comfort, both for classic sitting and for a freer use of the couch. Seen from the front or back,Absolu is always elegant thanks to the sobriety of its formal structure and ease of the smart cushions.
6. Baghdad Table The Baghdad table is the creative project of designer Ezri Tarazi inspired to the layout of the capital of Iraq,realized by Edra, leader company of made in Italy design. The Baghdad table is composed by a top made up of hundredsof different extruded aluminum pieces, hand welded to form a single surface completely perforated. The legs are madefrom extruded profiles secured directly inside the top. Table whose top is composed of hundreds of different extrudedaluminum profiles, industrially produced and then manually welded to form a single plane. The welding of hundreds ofextruded aluminum profiles of industrial provenience requires high specialization and many days of work for each table,expression of the high mastery of the artisans that work for the Italian company.