Text of ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR SPEECH RECOGNITION. Introduction What is Speech Recognition? also known...
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR SPEECH RECOGNITION
• What is Speech Recognition?also known as automatic speech recognition or
computer speech recognition which means understanding voice by the computer and performing any required task.
• Where can it be used?
- System control/navigation
- Commercial/Industrial applications
- Voice dialing
Voice Input Analog to Digital Acoustic Model
Display Speech EngineFeedback
• Acoustic Model An acoustic model is created by taking audio recordings of
speech, and their text transcriptions, and using software to create statistical representations of the sounds that make up each word. It is used by a speech recognition engine to
• Language Model Language modeling is used in many natural language
processing applications such as speech recognition tries to capture the properties of a language, and to predict the next
word in a speech sequence.
TYPES OF VOICE RECOGNITION
• There are two types of speech recognition. One is called speaker-dependent and the other isspeaker-independent. Speaker-dependent software is commonly used for dictation software, while speaker-independent software is more commonly found in telephone applications.
• Speaker-dependent software works by learning the unique characteristics of a single person’s voice, in a way similar to voice recognition. New users must first “train” the software by speaking to it, so the computer can analyze how the person talks. This often means users have to read a few pages of text to the computer before they can use the speech recognition software.