CHRISTMAS IN GREAT BRITAIN Christmas is probably the most popular family holiday in Great Britain. All preparations for Christmas are usually complete by 24 December. By this time Christmas greeting cards are exchanged and a Christmas tree is decorated. On the Christmas tree you can find long, colourful chains and sparkling trinkets. On the top of a Christmas tree there is a beautiful, big, yellow star. Under the tree you can find a lot of fantastic presents but only if you were good during the whole year. Late in the evening people go to church to attend the so-called midnight mass. When they come home, children hang up Christmas stocking for presents. They believe that Santa Clause arrives in a sledge drawn by the reindeers, enters every house through the chimney and gives wonderful presents to children. The most popular reindeer is the red-nosed reindeer called Rudolph. All children in Great Britain love Rudolph and sing a song about him. When the first star appears in the sky the family starts Christmas dinner. The most popular course is roast turkey and Christmas pudding. After Christmas dinner the whole family gathers together to sing Christmas carols and tell jokes.
1. A Quick Christmas Quiz Tick the correct answer. Zaznacz poprawn odpowied. 1. Who gives you Christmas presents? a) Santa Claus b) Nicholas Copernicus c) Lord Vader 2. What do you have to do to get presents? a) Be naughty b) Eat lots of sweets c) Be good 3. Which of the following titles is a Christmas Song? a) Oops. I did it again! b) Jingle Bells c) All Star 4. What does Santa Claus look like? a) He is fat and wears red clothes b) He is very tall and wears trunks c) He looks like a rabbit
2. Whats wrong with that?! Cross out the word that does not fit in. Wykrel po jednym sowie, ktre nie pasuje do reszty. 1. BELL CHRISTMAS SANTA TROUSERS CHIMNEY 2. LOLLIPOP CHOCOLATE SWEETS LIGHTSABRE MARSHMALLOWS 3. HAT GLOVES BOOTS TROUSERS CARROT 4. REINDEER SLEIGH SANTA ROCKET STOCKING 5. GIFT CHRISTMAS CRACKER CHRISTMAS TREE PYJAMAS DECORATIONS
3. Messed up! The elves in the Santas Toy Factory have messed these words up. Help them get the correct words! Elfy w fabryce zabawek witego Mikoaja pomieszay te sowa. Pom im naprawi bd! 1. COHLOCTAE 2. TSWEES 3. ATNSA 4. LELB 5. LOCAR 6. HCIRTSAMS
4. Do the crossword. Rozwi krzywk 1.Santa Clause arrives in it to children 2.You can find it under the Christmas tree 3.One of the most popular course in Great Britain is roast 4.It is green and you can decorate it with colourful things Christmas 5.Children hung them up for presents 6.You put them on the Christmas tree and they are sparkling 7.These animals draw Santa Clause vehicle 8.People attend it in church in the Christmas evening 9.He is a person all children love because he gives them presents 10.The name of a day when you dont go to school or work
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
5. Fill in the gaps! Fill the gaps in the text with the correct words from the ones below. Uzupenij dziury w tekcie poprawnymi sowami podanymi poniej. Christmas tree | sweets | plate | morning | presents | chimney | bed | carrots | reindeer | milk Christmas In my family we start our Christmas preparations by buying the _________(1) and decorating it with things like _________(2). My mommy tells me to go to _________(3) earlier, but I don.t know why. I think she does not want me to disturb Santa Claus. he always comes into our house through the _________(4) and leaves the _________(5) under the Christmas tree. We usually leave some _________(6) and some cookies on a _________(7) for him to eat. We also leave some ___________(8) for his ___________(9)There is never anything left on the plate in the _________(10).
Poprawne odpowiedzi mona przekaza nauczycielowi jzyka angielskiego Sylwii yszkowicz