Text of Digitizing the mobile_workforce_electronic_health_records_for_hospice
1. Digitizing the Mobile Workforce: Electronic Health Records for Hospice George Zimmerman, Brian Lincoln St. Peters Healthcare Services Xerox CorporationAIIM 2011
2. The old problem Information andApplication overload Complexity of Healthcare Many application areas exist in a healthcare organization EHR/EMR, patient management, health information management, education/training, diagnostics, billing, etc. etc. Hospitals typically have a multitude of IT systems Multiple EHR/EMRInformation (and paper) overload: PACS Lab systems Healthcare workers spend almost twice as much Payroll/Finance/Scheduling time with documents as in other industries (and Compliance 33% of information searches are unsuccessful). Patient Accounting IDC, 2007 Specialized clinical systems for ER, Pathology, MentalIn a 2010 survey of healthcare providers, Forrester Health, Obstetrics, Hospice,found over 50% of providers were still driven by etc. etc.paper-paper-based processes and had not committed processes,to an enterprise wide EMR.
3. 2011 Technology Challenge and Driver:Meaningful UseHealthcare providers striving to support: Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Health Information Exchange (HIE) Cross-provider Electronic Health Records (EHR)2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), HiTECH Act Accelerate EMR/EHR via incentive payments; but providers must also show meaningful use of EHR, meeting a matrix of objectives Example Meaningful Use requirements: Better process capabilities Improved patient engagement, communication Quick patient access to records on request Transmittal of prescriptions electronically Cross-system coordination Participation in HIE networks Compliance Strong auditing and reporting
4. And the next frontier Going MobileUse of PDA devices, tablets, Web applications has exploded GPS, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth all growing at over 40%In Healthcare: New media tablets with better screen size and availability mean more effective use by physicians, clinicians Mobile tool must match the purpose laptops, smart phones, wireless devices are acceptable for different clinical activities Security and compliance requirements are key Emerging mobile technologies give Healthcare providers new options for supporting Hospice workers and other mobile teams
5. Internet Administrator/Webmaster, St. Peters Health Care Services George Zimmerman Senior Product Line Manager, Xerox Corporation Brian Lincoln
6. Who we are About Hospice Relationship to St. Peters Relationship to the area health care community Special Regulations regarding patient information
7. George ZimmermanInternet AdministratorSt. Peters Healthcare Services Manage Internet and Web Services at healthcare centers around Albany, NY. St. Peters Hospital recently became part of the Catholic Health East network extending along the entire eastern United States. I have been instrumental in implementing IT solutions and policy- setting to address regulatory guidelines related to HIPAA and JCAHO, disaster planning, and many other healthcare-related initiatives. I have advised and contributed best practices to many healthcare centers across the nation.
8. First founded by the ReligiousSisters of Mercy in 1869 as St.Peters Hospital, St. Peters HealthCare Services today provides NewYorks Capital Region with acomprehensive, integratedcontinuum of care. Hospital has 442 beds, 4,600employees (currently merging withtwo additional acute healthcaresystems). 25 Facilities with a wide range ofprograms and services, from birthto LTC. Member of Catholic Health East(CHE).
9. Currently expanding our Acutecare with a $250 millionexpansion. Regional announcement tomerge with 3 upstate areahealthcare systems, making usone of the largest in the region,expanding to 125facilities,1,200 beds and 12,000employees.
10. The Community Hospiceprovides expert care tothose who are very ill withany disease, plus help andsupport for their families.We show patients and theirloved ones how to focus onthe things that mattermost, and we encouragethem to set goals andembrace life.
11. St. Peters HealthcareServices Web Servicesgroup provides criticalinfrastructure, network,application, and internetrelated support to helpthe foundation reach itsgoals.
12. The Community Hospice is a non-profitserving 7 counties: Albany, Rensselaer,Columbia, Greene, Schenectady, Saratogaand Montgomery and employeesapproximately 500 staff.Of the approximately 8600 deaths lastyear, 39% were receiving hospice services.The Community Hospice set a record forpatients under care, caring for averageof 658 patients per day.Approximately 64% are homecare, 33%are residents of local nursing homes,and about 3% are hospital patients andreceive inpatient hospice care.Services are provided at little or no cost topatients.Patients often keep their current doctors,and we work with them to ensure they arereceiving the best care possible.
13. The Health Insurance Portability andAccountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) PrivacyRuleHealth information technology (health IT) involves the exchangeof health information in an electronic environment. Widespreaduse of health IT within the health care industry will improve thequality of health care, prevent medical errors, reduce health carecosts, increase administrative efficiencies, decrease paperwork,and expand access to affordable health care. It is imperative thatthe privacy and security of electronic health information beensured as this information is maintained and transmittedelectronically.Community Health Accreditation ProgramCHAP is an independent, not-for-profit, accrediting body forcommunity-based health care organizations. Created in 1965,CHAP was the first to recognize the need and value foraccreditation in community-based care. CHAP is the oldestnational, community-based accrediting body with more than5,000 agencies currently accredited nationwide.
14. The dangers of not having document management: Dont let HIPPA guidelines or JCAHO eat you up
15. St. Peters Background:Document Management Solutions to date Diagnosis: Many Hospital-related documents #1 Key Challenges to manage and keep up to date #2 - Benefits New compliance, disaster recovery initiatives required information to New compliance, disaster recovery initiatives required information to be available, accessible anywhere anytime :: be avail