Presentation by Dr.Thanachart Numnonda at CIO 16 seminar on 18 Nov 2010
1. Modern Network Operations with no Myths on SaaS, IaaS and PaaS Assoc.Prof. Dr. Thanachart Numnonda Director Software Park Thailand 18 November 2010
2. Cloud Services : ViewPoint
3. Cloud Computing is Internet-based computing, whereby shared resources, software, and information are provided to computers and other devices on demand, like the electricity grid. Definition (Wikipedia)
4. Cloud Characteristics Massive, abstracted infrastructure Components decided for you Dynamic allocation, scaling, movement of applications Pay per use (public) No long-term commitments (public) OS, application architecture independent
5. Cloud Services Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Platform as a Service (PaaS) Software as a Service (SaaS)
6. Cloud Services
7. Cloud Architecture Types
8. Cloud Architecture Types Public: The services are delivered to the client via Internet from a third party service provider Example: Amazon Private: The services are managed and provided within the organization. There are less restriction on network bandwidth, fewer security exposures and other legal requirements compared to public cloud. Example: HP data centers Hybird: There is a combination of services provided from public and private clouds.
9. Grid to Cloud Evolution
10. Cloud Computing Market Type Sellers e.g. Buyers Public: SaaS Software Google Apps, End users Companies Dropbox, Solutions from any Software companies Public : PaaS Platform Google App Engine, Developers, Service Microsoft Azure Software Provider Companies Public : IaaS DataCenter Amazon EC2, S3 Enterprises Provider Go Grid Private Vendors HP, IBM, Oracle, Large Enterprises Fujitsu, BMC
11. Enterprise Opportunity Private Cloud: Easily manage data center, scalability, Better utilize resources Public IaaS: Pay per use, cheaper, more focus on business rather than system admin Public SaaS: Pay per use on some applications, cost saving, Google Apps, Dropbox, etc..
12. Software Developers Opportunity Public PaaS: Leverage large scale infrastructure (e.g. PaaS, IaaS) to develop software solutions, no need to buy/install hardware, sell worldwide, Web as a Platform Example: DropBox use Amazon S3
13. Thank you email@example.com twitter.com/thanachart www.facebook.com/thanachart www.swpark.or.th