Unit 4 How do you get to school?Section B Period 2
How do other students in our school get to school?
In our school, some students
How do students around the world get to school?3a Reading
Guess the word: (Rules: Hands up fast)riverboatBoats are also a m_____of transportation.Taking a boat is m_____ fun than taking a bus.eansore
Guess the word: (Rules: Hands up fast) The weather in the south is hot, but in the n_____, it is cold. raptIn other p_______ of the world, things are different. usmtmust//()
She cried. She m_______ be sad.orthartsust/:/ ( n. )part
Listen to the tape and answer the question.Which places are mentioned() in the article? North America, Japan and China. How do students around the world get to school?
2. Read the article carefully. Then fill in the chart.go to school on the school bus walk or ride bikes take trains to school walk or ride bikes ride bikes take buses go to school by boat
How do students around the world get to school?places most students others North America JapanChina in big citiesin places where there are rivers and lakes
Tell the following sentences true ( T ) or false ( F )In North America, not all students take the bus to school.Other parts of the world are different from the United States.3. In Japan, the three most popular ways of getting to school are bus, train and bike.In China, bikes and buses are the most popular means of transportation.5. Students in Hongshanhu and Kaishandao have to take a boat to get to school.TTFFTIn Japan, bus is not a popular means of transportation.In big cities of China, students usually ride bikes to school or take buses.
In China, it depends on where you are. 2.And in places where there are rivers and lakes, like Hongshanhu and Kaishandao, students usually go to school by boat.Translate the following sentences:
Please make a TV program for our middle school students about How do students around the world get to school? Group work
Host: Boys and girls, Im Welcome to our program. Im going to tell you how students around the world get to school. Now, lets listen to our reporters! A: Hello, everybody. Im in America. I just want to tell you most students in North America B: Good afternoon, everyone. Im in Japan. C: Host: .
How do students in Chinas poor countryside get to school?
In the poor countryside, some students w_____ to school. Some students get to school by b____ or by motorbike. If they live far f____ school, they have to t_____ a truck() or squeeze() into a minibus. In places w_____ there are rivers and lakes, they take an old and small b_____ to school. Some students even get to school b___ bamboo raft(). It looks so dangerous. Their classroom also looks old a____ dirty. From the pictures, we know the school life of the students in the poor c_________ is very hard. As a lucky student in big c____, I think I should______.alkikeromakehereoatyndountrysideities How do students in the poor countryside get to school?
HomeworkP23 3bP24 1 2
1.Good health depends ______ good eating habits. A. on B. for C. at D. from2.---How long are you staying?(2004,35) ---I dont know.______________. A. Thats OK B Never mind C. It depends D .It doesnt matter3.I dont know _______. It depends on _______. A. how long are they staying, where theyre going B. how long theyre staying, where theyre going C. how long theyre staying, where are they going
4. Joe, you dont look well. You ____ see the doctor. A. may B. can C. must D. shall
5. Must I clean the window? -- No, you ______. A. mustnt B. neednt C. cant D. may not6. The last train has left, so I ____ stay here until tomorrow. A. must B. can C. have to D. should
5. You ____ be tired after playing sports all the morning. A. must B. need C. cant D. may not
6. Travelling ____ ____ a lot ____ fun _____ staying at home. (.) I have _____ story books _____ you.
7. When are you visiting the place____ he worked two years ago? A. who B. when C. where D. which
must be more thanmorethan
8. Li Lei usually goes to school ________. A. by a bike B. on the bus C. ride a bike D. on bus
3b Look at the chat. Then complete the article.How do the students get to Garden High School?
How do students get to Garden High SchoolBuswalkingBikeSubwayCarNumber of students401001753050
At Garden High School, most students _____________ to school.Many students _____________.Some students______.Other students ___________. A small number of students _______________________. ride their bikesdrivetake the buswalk to schooltake the subway to school
a number of , many, , In the city of Beijing, a number of people come from other places of China. ,
numbergreat ,large, smallgood A great number of tourists come to Jiuzhaigou every year.
the number of, , The number of the teachers in our school is 386. 386
How do you ______ school in the morning?What do you ________ the transportation in your town?When it rains I _____ a taxi.ride take live think of get toFill in each blank with the correct word give.get tothink oftake
4. How far do you ____ from the bus station?5. I like to _____ my bike on the weekend. ride take live think of get toliveride
, When are you going to _____ here ______ Guangzhou? 2. This kind of television _____ _______ ______ others.3. Her mother is ____ _____ _____ _____. 4. There are no subways in some _____ ______ the city. leavefor is different from ill in the hospital parts of
5. _______ do you ______ ______ the Beijing Olympic Park?6. ______ ________ the boys in our class like _______ soccer.7. 500 _____ _____ ______ buses in this city ______ five hundred.8. , Paul isnt back home now, _____ his mother _____ ______ him very much.What think of Not all playing The number of is so worries about
Interview one of your group members:A: How do you get to school?B: I . Then I .A: How far is it from your home to school?B: Its about .A: How long does it take you to get from home to school?B: It takes .
How do you get to school?I walk to the bus stop. Then I take the bus.How far is it from your home to school? (How far do you live from school?)Its 10 kilometers. (I live 10 kilometers from school.)How long does it take you to get from home to school?It takes about 25 minutes.