Unit 4 How do you get to school?Section B
How do you get to school?take the trainride a biketake a boat
How does he get to school?He goes to school by bike.
How does she get to school?She goes to school on foot.
How do you get to Hongkong?
How do you get to Shanghai?
How do you get to the Sun?
How do you get to the Moon?
twothreefourfivesixseveneightninetwentythirtyfortyfiftysixtyseventyeightyninetyhundredOne hundred and tenRead the numbers!
1a. Match the words with the pictures. 1. _____ bus stop 3. _____ bus station
2. ____ train station 4. _____ subway stationcadb
A: How do you get to school?B: Well, I ride my bike to the subway station. Then I take the subway. 1b. Pairwork
2a. Listen and check the things that Thomas wants to know.___ where Nina lives.___ how far from school she lives. ___ how long it takes to get to school.___ how she gets to school.___ what she thinks of the transportation.
2b. Listen again and check the way Nina gets to school.
2c. Groupwork: Tell how does Nina get to school?You can use these words:First, she Next, sheThen, she Finally, sheFirst she walks (to the bus stop). Next, she takes the bus. Next, she takes the subway. Then, she takes the bus. Finally, she walks to school.
3a. Read the article. Write T or F.How do students around the world get to the school? In North America, most students go to school on the school bus. Some students also walk or ride bikes to school. In other parts of the world, things are different. In Japan, most students take trains to school, although others also walk or ride their bikes. In China, it depends on where you
are. In big cities, students usually ride bikes to school or take buses. And in places where there are rivers and lakes, like Hongshanhu and Kaishandao, students usually go to school by boat. That must be a lot more fun than taking a bus!
1. In North America, not all students take the bus to school.2. Other parts of the world are different from the United States.3. In Japan, the three most popular ways of getting to school are bus, train and bike.
4. In China, bikes and buses are the most popular means of transportation.5. Students in Hongshanhu and Kaishandao have to take a boat to get to school.TF
Explanantion 1. Most students go to school on the school bus. 1) most students most : Most students go to school on foot.
2) , by, in on: He goes to work by car. He goes to work in his car. He goes to work on the bus.
2. In other parts of the world, things are different. other; the other; others; the others; another1) other , , . 2) the other , ,
3) others , 4) the others 5) another ,, ; , ,
1.We study Chinese, maths and_____ subjects.2.He has two sons, one is a teacher, ____ is a worker.3.You should think of _____.
4.There are ten flowers on the table. One is red, _____ are yellow.
5.Would you like _____ cake?
6.There is a lot of work to do, we need ___ two workers.7.I dont like this dress,please show me ___.
3. although others also walk or ride their bikes.although though, but: () Although he is tall, he cant get the apple on the tree. Although he is tall, but he cant get the apple on the tree. T F
4. In China, it depends on where you are. depend v. , 1) (on, upon)2) (on ), ; You cant depend on your parents forever.
Children must depend on their parents.You can depend on his honesty.depend on/upon ; , ; ;
5. not all students take the bus to school.all, everyone, everythingnot, Not everyone likes this book.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.7. 8. 9.10. 22.214.171.124.
3b. Look at the chart. Then complete the article.
At Garden High school, most students ______________ to school. Many students________. Some students ______. Other students _____________. A Small number of students ________________.drivewalktake the bus take the subwayride their bikes
3. take take exercise ; take a walk take a look (at) take down take a seat , take out take a rest take away take a vacation take off (;)take photos ,
1. How does he go to Hong Kong? __________. A. Take the plane B. By the plane C. By the air2. _______ do you live from school? 8 miles. A. How long B. How far C. Where.A B
3. I usually go to school ________. A. ride the bike B. on bike C. on the bike4. ____ does it take her to get to school? A. How many time B. How long C. How far5. If they live around the river, they can go somewhere _______. A. by train B. by taxi C. by boatC B C
.1. Mr.Smith often flies to Tokyo for the meeting. ()
2. Every day her father comes to his company by car.()Mr.Smith often takes the plane to Tokyo for the meeting.Every day her father drives to his company.
3. My mother usually takes the bus to work.()
4. I usually spend 3 hours doing my homework.()It usually takes me 3 hours to do my homework.My mother doesn't usually take the bus to work.
5. His factory is 10 miles from his home. ()How far is his factory from his home?
HomeworkPlease write a short passage including: how you get to school, how far it is from your home to school, how long it takes,