1. Im sure youve heard the term networking, but do you know what it means? The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines networking as, . . . The key thing to remember is, building up or maintaining informal rela tionships.
2. Pick the brain of someone who works in the sa me Industry Request an informal interview Grow those relationships
3. Do not overlook at your parents friend Those parents are often well connected Stick for long time in your life They will be there after college "You want to build up this stable of resources b efore you need them.. Jodi Glickman
4. Do not let campus isolate you. Use social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) Make every break to count. Ex: Register for Conferences.
5. Used LinkedIn before leaving college. Trade off between Facebook and LinkedIn Its your future DO IT!!!. Start to track what you like, interests, and passio n.
6. Make a list of people in your industry. Keep everything organized and network strategically.
7. Values of an internship is tremendous. In term of skills and contacts. Having an internship puts you ahead. Chance to network with people from your field.