K J Somiaya college of education. PPT presentation of CAP
2. 3. ROBERT N TEST was an American poet who was born on 25 February 1957he lived in the city of Dexter MO with his wife Nancy and his three children named Jason, Dustin and Daniel.He wrote many poems like Organ Donor, To Remember me 2Leep, I was there and Life long wish 4. LIFE----PASS IT ON 5. At a certain moment a doctor will determine that my brain hasceasedto function and that, for all intents and purposes, my life has stopped When that happens dont call this my DEATHBED, call it my BED OF LIFE, and let my body be used by others to lead fullers lives. 6. Give my eye to the man who has never seen a sunrise, a baby's face, or love in the eyes of a woman.Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but endless days of pain. 7. Give my blood to the teenager who was pulled from the wreckage of his car, so that he might live to see his grandchildren play. 8. Give my kidneys to one who depends on a machine to exist from week to week. Take my bones, every muscle, every fiber and nerve in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk. 9. Explore every corner of my brain; take my cells and let them grow so that someday a speechless boy will shout at the crack of a bat and a deaf girl will hear the sound of rain against her windowburn what is left of me and scatter the ashes to the winds to help the flowers grow. 10. If you must bury something, let it be my faults, my weaknesses, and all prejudice against my fellow man. Give my sins to the devil and give my soul to God.If you do all I have asked, I WILL LIVE. FOREVER. 11. Which is the word in the poem that means stopped?Ans- Ceased Which is the word in the poem that means operate or work? Ans- Function What is the word that means disabled? Ans- Crippled Which is the word in the passage that means parts of a vehicle that remain after it has been badly damaged? Ans- Wreckage 12.
- DONATING ORGANS IS A VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE A MANIPULATED OPINION ON, DUE TO THE LACK OF STATISTICS. MANY PEOPLE CHOOSE NOT TO BECOME AN ORGAN DONOR BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THAT MEDICAL STAFFS WILL NOT TRY AS HARD TO SAVE THEM, SHOULD THEY BE IN AN ACCIDENT. THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE
13. These are just a few facts about organ donating,
- There are now over 92,000 people waiting for an organ transplant.
- Even with the high number of people on a waiting list for transplants, only 77 people each day receive organ transplants.
- The Organ Donor list is shrinking due to myths, such as the one that says if you are in an accident and you are an organ donor the paramedics will not try to save you.
- There are 3,700 candidates added to the waiting list each month.
- 18 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant.
- Many people are getting infections due to these back-alley operations, that are performed in a non-sterile environment.
- The most common organs needed are the heart, liver, and kidney.
- Out of these, the kidney has the largest waiting list.
- Not only this infact; every 2 seconds, someone in the country is in need of blood. Every year our nation requires about 4 crore units of blood, out of which only a meager 5 lakh units of blood are available.
17. EVALUATION What do you understand by the title? How can a poets DEATHBED be a BED OF LIFE? 18. The title of the poem suggest that the poet -------- a) wants to be immortal. b) wishes to give to the needy a NEW life. c) desires to stay active forever. d) wishes to help others to live so that he will be famous. 19. In this poem the poets wish is ----------- a) doctors b) to give everything to God c) to make a donation of all the useful d) to make a donation of all the useful parts and burn the rest The poem is addressed to ------------ a) to give his soul and sins to the devil c) only the members of his family b)patients d) readers in general 20.