Once upon a time a writer wrote a book... and it did so well she wanted to share the story behind her story with other writers.This is the story behind the story that made the story a success.
1. The Story Behind the Story By Angela Yuriko Smith
2. Once upon a time a writer decided to write her first book.
3. Her inspiration was a news article she had just written about The Jersey Devil!
4. She knew that even though she would be lost in her imagination for awhile and have to say no to socializing with her friends no no no no writing the book would be the easy part.
5. She knew that even the best book in the world could not be laid on the alter of fate and be guaranteed success.
6. One does not sit waiting by the phone passively for success to call.
7. One must be willing to experiment and make mistakes.
8. And seek ones fortune.
9. Finally her book was done And she prepared its release on the world.
10. She went to her computer to plan and plot and came up with some ideas that were different.
11. First she started building. She built the house from her book in Second Life so visitors could interact with her story
12. She used that space to give away promotional gifts, perform live readings, have parties and share links to her book She knew a very important secret.
13. Behind every avatar is a potential reader.
14. She was lucky because her daughter knew how to make machinima. So together they built a movie set
15. And made this book trailer.
16. It was a hit and the author was able to use it in all kinds of places such as On author network sites like Gather & Goodreads Youtube, on its own and as a video response Amazon & Smashwords Author Profiles On Facebook & Twitter In Second Life Everyone loved it and passed it on. The author knew it was a great marketing tool when someone asked her Is that really Mae?
17. Second Life was great for so many things like Networking with other professionals Interviews Perform readings Finding other authors
18. She sent out a press release to 500 bloggers, magazine editors and other media that included:
19. A one chapter teaser book
20. A VIP trip to the virtual scenes location
This won her several interviews, 2,000 unique visitors to her virtual book scene and the coveted Editors Pick in Second Lifes Destination Guide All this cost
22. The author knew that as awesome as her virtual campaign was shed have to do other things to get attention as well. In one month she worked hard enough to get around 50 reviews of her book, 6 interviews, 2 live Q&A chats, 1,000 friends on Facebook and about a zillion mentions. And its still going strong
24. There was so much information that the author wanted to share with other writers that she decided to write another book!
25. She decided to call it All You Need Is Like And this is the story of that story the story behind the story.
26. You cant sell a bad book with great marketing, but you cant sell a good book without great marketing. Angela Yuriko Smith
27. Find out more about the release of my new book, All You Need Is Like at dandilyonfluff.com You can find End of Mae at endofmae.com
28. So many people have gone into helping me make End of Maeasuccess and if I thanked them all I would have to create another 25 slides minimum to just scratch the surface. I do want to especially thank my daughter for all her support and help, my husband for putting up with my obsessive nature, and all my friends on Gather, Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter Particularly Lori A., A.F. Stewart, DarkBeauty, Cassandra O., Laura M., Eric S., Nova & Connie C.