1. Top 10 ESL Activities for Big Classes Twitter @bolen_jackie www.facebook.com/eslactivities Website: www.eslactivity.org 10 activities that are guaranteed awesome. Your students will love learning English with you!
2. #1: Is that Sentence Correct? You can use this activity with 1 student or 100! Its also very easy to adjust the activity from beginner to advanced. http://www.eslactivity.org/english-grammar-activity-is-that-sentence- correct/
3. #2: Videos in the ESL Classroom Videos can be a great tool to use with large ESL classes. They are interesting, motivating and engaging for most students. http://www.eslactivity.org/use-video-in-the-esl-classroom/
4. #3: Presentations for ESL Students Task-based learning is a great way to make learning more memorable. http://teachinginkoreanuniversity.com/presentation-project-ideas/
5. #4: Concentration http://www.eslactivity.org/concentration-an-esl-vocabulary-game/ This is an excellent activity for beginners or intermediate students and children especially love to play it.
6. #5: Just a Minute http://teachinginkoreanuniversity.com/esl-speaking-activity-just-a-minute/ This is a great warm-up activity for higher-level teenagers or adults. They idea is that students have to speak about a certain topic for an entire minute without stopping.
7. #6: Reading Activities http://www.eslactivity.org/an-esl-reading-lesson-plan-template/ This is an ESL Reading Lesson Plan Template for how to conduct one of these lessons the CELTA way
8. #7: ESL Surveys Surveys are great because theyre entirely student-centered and they also cover all 4-skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking). http://eslspeaking.org/6-esl-survey-ideas/
9. #8: Board Games These are a natural choice for large classes of ESL students because you can break up any number of students up into groups of 3-5. http://teachinginkoreanuniversity.com/esl-board-games/
10. #9: Running Dictation Running dictation also makes a great warm-up activity for that Monday morning 9am class http://eslspeaking.org/esl-game-running-dictation/
11. #10: Odd One Out Put students into pairs and they compete against each other to add an element of fun to it. http://www.eslactivity.org/odd-one-out-esl-warm-up-game/
12. These are simple yet fun activities your students can actively participate in. They will surely have fun while they learn at the same time. Twitter @bolen_jackie www.facebook.com/eslactivities Website: www.eslactivity.org