Are you looking for a home to buy? Do you look for certain things in a home? Before you decide on one, make sure you consider these eight things!
1. What do you look for in a home?
2. 1. Schools Its important to make sure the home is in a good school district even if you dont have kids. If it is, the home will maintain its value.
3. 2. Crime report Go to your local police station and ask them for statistics on the crime rate in the neighborhood. You can also go to crimereports.com for information.
4. 3. Local amenities If you enjoy swimming, golfing, or tennis, find out it if there is a city pool, golf course, or park near the home. Could you walk there or would you have to drive? Figure out how long it takes to get there.
5. 4. Commute Figure out how long your commute will be to work. Make sure you factor in traffic patterns during rush hour.
6. 5. Plumbing Check underneath every sink in the house and examine the pipes. Look for leaks, water damage, and mold.
7. 6. The roof Carefully examine the roof and look for signs of damage like dark spots, missing shingles, or mold. If the roof is old, its going to cost you to fix it up.
8. 7. Heating and cooling Make sure the heating and cooling systems are up to date. They are expensive to fix and replace, and if they are low quality, they can devour your utility bills.
9. 8. Pest infestations If you notice dead bugs around the house, little gnaw marks on furniture, or odd smells and sounds, the house could be infested with pests. Ask the owner whether hes had pest problems and if any sort of pest control has been used to take care of them.
10. Hire a Pest Control Company If you want to get rid of the pests in your home (or you want your neighbor to get rid of his pests) get a hold of a Beeline Pest Control. This pest control company offers residential services to anyone in need. You can contact them by calling 720- 863-6676 or by visiting beelinepestcontroldenver.com.