• All you need is some embroidery floss, pearl 8, or crochet cotton or lovely fine yarn & yourself.
• Cut lengths of thread about 3 times longer than you want your finished cord. I’ve used 4 strands for this cord but I probably prefer 2 strands for a more delicate finish.
• Tie a knot at each end of your strands.
• And tape one end to the table.
• Slip a pen or pencil through the other end of the strands, stand back so that the strands are taught & start twisting & twisting & twisting. I twist clockwise.
• You’ll know when you’ve twisted enough because the cord will start to twist on itself when you step forward.
• Place one finger in the middle of your twist & then bring the end you were twisting to the end taped to the table..
• YIKES – that doesn’t look right! It’s OK – don’t panic.
• Knot the ends together & just run your thumb & forefinger up & down the cord a few times.
• There you have it. Perfectly twisted cord ready for your next crafty application. How gorgeous round around a moleskin?