Paris is a city that is typically known for its beautiful attractions such as the Eiffel Tower in addition to its fresh selection of gourmet food. However, a little known secret is that Paris is a great place to go for a treasure hunt, or to simply browse through flea markets. This slideshare presentation features some of Paris's best flea markets along with some tips on how to ensure you get the best deals.
1. Going On A Treasure Hunt in Paris
2. Paris: Land of the.Flea Markets? One of the best times to book a Paris vacation is spring or summer Take advantage of the good weather and take a stroll through some of the diverse flea markets found throughout the city The best time to go is during the weekend and in the morning before it starts to get crowded Try your luck at bargaining. Sometimes the seller will come down by as much as 10-30% on the price The next few slides will feature some of the best flea markets in Paris
3. Marche aux Puces de Saint-Ouen Also known as Clignancourt, this is one of the most famous flea markets and dates back to 1885 It covers around seven hectares and is said to be the largest market in the world There are over 3,000 traders with up to 180,000 visitors each weekend It is set up like a small village with 2,500-3,000 open stalls Mondays are the best for bargain seekers as attendance is smaller
4. Les Puces de Montreuil This authentic flea market is lesser known but still charming and worth visiting It is not a huge tourist attraction, so there will be less crowds You can find everything here from vintage clothes to antique glassware The best deals will be found at the end of the stands in a small square
5. Marche aux Puces de la Porte de Vanves The most appealing feature of this flea market is its smaller size It sprawls out over only two avenues You wont find valuable antiques or furniture here, but youre bound to discover other nifty treasures Browse through the crates and youll find vinyl, vintage toys, perfume bottles, and more It is recommended to show up early to increase your changes of finding something good
6. A Paris Treasure Hunt is the Perfect Vacation Activity Next time you book Paris holiday rentals for your vacation be sure to make plans to visit one of these flea markets! There are many goods and hidden treasures that you are bound to find at one of these flea markets An antique treasure from Paris will be one of the most unique souvenirs you bring home with you, and often times highly affordable!