An overview of the 18th Annual AIMIA Awards: Australia and New Zealand\'s Peak Digital Media Awards.
Text of 18th Annual Aimia Awards
1. 18th AnnualAIMIA AwardsAustralia &New ZealandsLeading Onlineand Digital MediaAwardsNow open for entries:http://bit.ly/AIMIA18
2. AIMIA AwardsAustralia and New Zelandsmost prestigious and long-running awards in online anddigital media.Now in its 18th year, theseawards recognise the bestproperties and projects in onlinemedia, publishing, advertising,education and mobile. Adam Spencer & Airlie Walsh Hosts of 15th Awards
3. AIMIA Awards#1 award for online and interactive media in Australia and New Zealand.
4. Top 10 Peak Creative Awards Australia US UK Advertising Award Awards One Show Awards D&ADs www.awardonline.com www.oneclub.com www.dandad.org Architecture RAIA Awards AIA Honors and Awards Program RIBA Awards www.architecture.com.au www.aia.org/institute/honors www.ribaawards.co.uk Fashion Australian Fashion Awards American Fashion Awards British Fashion Awards www.afw.com.au www.cfda.com www.britishfashionawards.com Film AFI Awards Academy Awards BAFTA www.afi.com www.oscar.com www.bafta.org Interactive Media AIMIA Awards Webbys BIMA Awards www.aimia.com.au www.webbyawards.com www.bima.co.uk Literature Miles Franklin Award Pulitzer Prize The Booker Prize www.milesfranklin.com.au www.pulitzer.org www.bookerprize.co.uk Music ARIA Awards Grammy Awards Brit Awards www.ariaawards.com www.grammy.com www.brits.co.uk Performing Arts Helpmann Awards AEIA Tony Awards Olivier Awards www.helpmannawards.com www.tonys.org www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/awards Television The Logies Emmys National Television Awards 2002 www.tvweek.com.au www.emmys.org/ www.ITV.com/nta Visual Arts Archibald Prize National Academies Turner Prize www.thearchibaldprize.com.au www.nationalacademy.org www.tate.org.uk/britain/turnerprize/
5. Amy is Big Sister to Amber AIMIA Awards AMBER Awards Amy Amber Turning 18 in 2012. Turned 3 in 2011. Interactive Media Online ServicesAdvertising, Publishing Banking, Retail, Travel, & Education. eGovernment.
6. 18th Annual AIMIA Awards25 Categories 14. Best News, Media or Reference1. Best Advertising or Marketing 15. Best Non-profit2. Best Childrens 16. Best Retail or Online Commerce3. Best Classifieds 17. Best Sport4. Best Cross-Platform 18. Best Student Project5. Best Cultural or Lifestyle 19. Best Tourism or Travel6. Best Enterprise 20. Best Use of Social Media7. Best Entertainment 21. Best Use of Video8. Best Financial Service 22. Effectiveness Award9. Best Government, Science, 23. The Innovation Award Health & Environment 24. Best of the Best10. Best Integration w Offline Campaign 25. Peoples Choice11. Best Learning & Education 26. Outstanding contribution Award12. Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing13. Best Application on a Tablet or Mobilehttp://www.aimia.com.au/home/awards/aimia-awards/awards-categories
7. AIMIA Awards Hall of FameSelected Previous Winners
10. 17th Annual AIMIA Awards Best Online Retail: asics.com.au
11. 17th Annual AIMIA AwardsBest of the Best: CBA Property Guide iPhone Application
12. 16th Annual AIMIA AwardsBest of the Best: Best Job in the World, Tourism QLD
13. AIMIA Awards Fine print How it works etc...
14. 18th Annual AIMIA Awards Australia and New Zelands most prestigious and long- running awards in interactive media covering: Online, Publishing, Advertising, Education and Mobile. AIMIA Awards Awards in 25 Categories including Innovation Award (new) Outsanding contribution award - for an individual Peoples Choice - voted on by the public Best of Best, the overall best work of the year. Scored by a very large independent international panel of VIP Industry Judges
15. How are the winners determined? The AIMIA Awards are judged by a large independent international panel of industry experts. To ensure a fair outcome for all AIMIA award entrants, a robust, accurate and reliable judging and scoring system has been developed similar to that used for the Olympics. The scoring system was developed with generous assistance and guidance of expert statisticians including Professor George Cooney at Macquarie University, who is Chair of the Governments Advisory Group on Scaling of the Higher School Certificate.
16. Determining the winnersUp to eight individual judges carefully assess and score all theentries in each category against set criteria.This results in thousands of judges scores which are thencarefully scaled to ensure: A high degree of statistical confidence in the results A fair outcome for all entrants Individual judges determine the outcomes but no one unduly affects results Cross-category comparisons can be made fairlyThe overall process is overseen by an independent chair of judging;who ensures the process is fair and accountable.