Embed Size (px)
If you’re looking for great ideas for your first (or next) Series 40 web app, this webinar is for you. Join Tapan Acharya, lead evangelist and consultant with Nokia in Bangalore, as he presents ideas and concepts that can be developed as Series 40 web apps. He’ll cover features, available with Nokia Web Tools 2.0, that you can use along with sound business acumen to develop addictive web apps. He’ll also include sample applications.
Ideas for Addictive Series 40 web apps Tapan Acharya Lead Evangelist and Consultant Nokia
• What are Series 40 web apps? • Why web apps?
• Web app runtime architecture
• Pointers for developing a good WebApp • Components available for developing WebApps. • Demo. • WebApp Ideas.
Java and web apps offer options and flexibility
Sophisticated Games Communication
Productivity Tools Multimedia
News, Info, Guides &
Brands, Products & Shopping
• Suited for highly interactive and graphics-intensive apps, offline processing
• Available as “native” platform
• Suited to connected information and entertainment apps
• Easier to learn for new developers • Faster time to market & lower
• Consumer Foot fall. • Usage Trends • Purchase Trends. • Web Extensions
• Excellent browsing experience, even with the lowest price point devices • Proxy to process complex web pages for better experience • Up to 90% more efficient and more than twice as fast • Dynamic start page with locally relevant content • Cloud-assisted web apps
Web apps leverage cloud-assisted Xpress Browser for Series 40
BETTER AND PERSONALISED
XPRESS BROWSER FOR SERIES 40 PROXY SERVER
Xpress Browser Client
Xpress Browser Proxy Web App Manager
1. User selects web app 2. Requests web app
5. AJAX requests for data
6. XML, JSON, etc. from Content Server
8. Web app view (HTML, CSS, Images, MWL)
Web App Runtime Architecture
Initial web view
Pointers for developing a WebApp • Centered around a Single Purpose. • Centered around a user category. • Keep in mind the life cycle of the WebApp (create, Maintain). • Show just enough content. • Clear business model (WIN Criterion, purpose). • Holistic thinking of the purpose. • It should make users life better. • Plan the game for the long haul.
Components for Developing WebApps
WebApp popular components. • Templates of use. • Photo Containers. • Video Containers. • Social Media Containers. • RSS Containers. • Geo Location Capability. • JSON Capability. • File Upload Capability. • Text holders and Search. • API……Example
© Nokia 2012 9
© Nokia 2012 11
• Social Media Consolidator. • Sales Forecast Application. • Product Stock update. • Customer Support Application. • Financial check. • Program Guide
• Around Me • Hotel Search application. • Party/ Marriage venue app. • City Application • Party plan Application. • Location based offers.
• Content based Apps • Movie Review Application • Shopping App • Logistics tracking app • Stock Trading • Matrimony App • Photo File Upload • Deals
• Citizen Application • Tourist Application • File Upload & Download. • Consolidator of Key Sites. • Health Experts Around. • Key Interest application
(Automotive) • Personal Journal/ List.
© Nokia 2012 12
Try it now: http://xpresswebapps.nokia.com/