67. ByApril or Maycomes, the chickshavegrowntheir adultfeathersandare ready to catch theirown foodin the chilly ocean.
69. The Magellanic Penguin By Anne Caroline Harris
70. The Magellanic Penguin
The Magellanic Penguin was named after an explorer, Ferdinand Magellan.
The Magellanic Penguin weighs about 5 .9 14.3 pounds. Its height is about 24 30 inches.
They are black or dark grey on their back and white on their front. They have a distinctive, black, horseshoe shaped band on their front and a thick black band that runs under their chin.
There are about 400,000 breeding pairs. Magellanic penguins are part of the warm weather penguins.
74. The Magellanic Penguin lives in South America.
75. Magellanic penguins mate with the same partner year after year .
76. They eat squid and small fish.
77. Magellanic penguins hunt in the water.
78. THE END
79. Emperor Penguins by Andrew Gilbert
Hi my name is Andrew.
My penguin is the Emperor penguin. Theyre height is 40 inches.
81. They weigh about 66 pounds.
82. The Emperor penguins huddle to keep warm.
Emperor penguins have a call like three trumpets.
84. They live all around the continent of Antarctica.
85. THE END
86. Aidan Farabow
88. It weighs 10 pounds and it is 27 inches tall.
I like the chinstrap penguin because it looks like it is wearingbicycle helmet.
They hiss, slap, and bite. As you can see they are very aggressive penguins.
Chinstrap penguins are found in Antarctica, the South Sandwich Islands, the South Orkneys,South Shetland, South Georgia, Bouvet Island and Bellany .
93. Bye, Bye!
94. Peruvian Penguins By Carson Davis
Peruvian penguins have trouble finding a suitable nesting place. They once built their nests in burrows in plentiful piles of dried guano. Guano is the excrement of thousands of generations of seabirds left along the South American coastline .
Peruvian penguins weigh about 9.3 pounds and are about 25.5 inches tall. They live in and off the coasts of Peru and Chile .
The Peruvian penguin got its name because it lives in Peru. Another name for the Peruvian penguin is the Humboldt penguin .
Peruvian penguins are in the Harlequin Penguins species. The other penguins in this species are African penguins, Magellanic penguins, and Galapagospenguins .
Ocean currents bring cold water from the Antarctic to the surface along the western coast of South America. Enormous schools of fish provide the main source of food for penguins that inhabit these waters .
Pe ruvian penguins lay two eggs. The parents keep their beaks open when they go out for food .
The end. Its not actually the end.
Now its the end .
104. Rockhoppers Rock!ByMax Webb
TheRockhopperis 21 inches tall.
The Rockhoppergotits namebecauseithops on rocks.
108. THE END
I lovedtellingyou aboutrockhopper penguins!
109. The Royal Penguin By Bela Wolfe
110. The Royal penguins are found only on the rocky Macquarie Island located far to the south of Australia in the Pacific.
111. They feed on krill, fish and small amounts of squid.
They build their nest by making a shallow hole in the sand or in a weeded area.
They line the nest with plants and stones.
113. The egg is kept warm by both parents for 35 days.
115. The End
116. By John Henry Klekamp
117. The snares crested penguin lives in New Zealand .
The Snarescrested penguin got its name because it only breeds on the Snares Islands of New Zealand.
Their height is 20 to 28 inches.
122. Sea lions and leopard seals are predatorsof Snares crested Penguins .
124. Snares crested penguins mostly eat krill, squid and small fish.
125. The End
Fiordland crested penguins may bob around at sea so long that barnacles attachto their tails.
They live around islands south of New Zealand.
131. These areFiordlands intheirnest .
134. T THE END
135. By Avery
The Adelie Penguin lays 2 eggs every year.
The Adelie Penguin has a black beak and orange feet.