Preliminary Task - Evaluation

  • Published on
    15-Apr-2017

  • View
    71

  • Download
    0

Embed Size (px)

Transcript

Preliminary Task EvaluationSami Payling, Tanisha-Mai Hughes, Chloe Moran.

The first step for completing our Preliminary Task was to start planning Preliminary Task part 1. Here we basically had to explore possible names for our radio station, examples that we came up with were BBC Buzz, Radio Rollin, and our finalised idea, Radio Active. We also had to look at codes and conventions that would link well with the name of our radio station and our station itself, so we looked at what dialect would be suitable to use and why, what stories and music will be included, what the genre is etc. Finally we had to identify the audience by interviewing different people to see what age, gender etc, people listened to the most and the reasoning behind this.I think our strongest point was definitely working effectively as a team. We communicated well, all giving different ideas and concepts to every idea we came up with. Every one of us came up with a different radio name so we all gave an equal contribution to the group. Once we had come up with several names, we focused on one of the radio stations and all edited together different concepts on what the station would include, again creating effective progress as a group. However despite this, we didnt have many ideas to bounce off from, only completing two ideas, which isnt as many ideas as Id hoped wed have come up with. So in the future, I would explore a variety of ideas more so we had more guidance as to how we could finalise our idea.Preliminary Task - Part 1

The first step for part 2 was choosing roles for our radio station, which we quickly identified who was playing who; Tanisha being the presenter, Sami being the co-presenter, and myself being the guest. We also went and recorded our archive clip linking to our radio station story, which in this case, was about Im a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. So all 3 of us recorded a clip of one person pretending to complete an eating challenge with support of campmates. Other tasks we had to complete also included discussing who the guest would be, what equipment would be required, the structure of the broadcast and the script itself for the radio broadcast. This went well, because as a group, we all decided who would be responsible for which task so we could complete the Preliminary Task quicker. So as a group we all decided who was playing the role of who and we all worked together on the script. For the rest of the questions, we each took responsibility for one more question each to answer, so we got this done quicker. However at several times when recording, we noticed that myself and my team were all too close to the microphone at some point, which resulted in the volume exceeding too much. So this could be improved by moving back a little more so that the volume is kept at an appropriate level and is comfortable to listen to. Also, when editing the broadcast, we lost one of our archive clips and so during our broadcast there is approximately a 30 second gap where a clip would have been inserted. So to improve for the future, we should be more aware of where our material is kept so that our broadcast is fully completed.

Preliminary Task - Part 2

For our prelim task we had to show our progress by posting what we had done on our blogs. The first few blog posts we made were about Local radio news research and planning and they were What is radio, Radio codes and conventions, News values, Interview techniques and Audience research. These posts were labelled G321 Local Radio News Research and Planning. We labelled them so they were easy to find.The next few posts we made were our actual preliminary tasks. These were Preliminary tasks 1 and 2 and we labelled them G321 Preliminary Task. We also added our Jingles we made which were labelled with both G321 Local Radio Research and Planning and G321 Preliminary Task.Blogging went quite well in our team as we all got up to date with our work and posted everything in the correct order, however I could have improved by posting my blog posts on time.

Blogging.

We needed to show that we had actually been in the recording studio, so for our evidence we decided to take pictures of ourselves recording our radio broadcast. We took the pictures on a phone and imported them onto our computers so we could upload them onto our blogs. This went quite well as we just booked the recording studio so that we could take pictures and it didnt take us very long. Something that we could have improved would have been taking the pictures when we was actually recording our broadcast however it would have been quite difficult to do. Recording Evidence.

It is extremely important to keep on top of your tasks and keep your work organised. To organise our work and make sure we was up to date, we would make sure that if we missed a lesson we would catch up with what we had missed at home before the next lesson. It makes things a lot easier if you are up to date with all your work and everything runs a lot more smoothly, so that is why it is important! Keeping on top of tasks.

Using AuditionWhen we went on to use audition we had an advantage because we had previously used adobe premiere and these are of the same software so there was some similarity in how we was to edit our material.When we created the jingle it was challenging because we had to find copyright free music and we had to make sure our voices suited the music rather than the music suiting our recorded voice,so it gave the effect we wanted it to, and links well with our target audience. We ensured we chose the right free music and that this also fitted to our target audience, and that it was upbeat enough to contrast with the mellow voice we wanted in our recording.