2. Myth 1 St. Vincents is a private hospital and can close at any time.
3. The TRUTH Not-For-Profit Public Health Law Administrative Regulations
4. Myth 2 St. Vincents was run professionally by experts in the medical field.
5. The TRUTH Run by outside consultants $10 million for 10 Executives Hundreds of Millions in Consultants
6. Myth 3 St. Vincents Board of Directors acted responsibly.
7. The TRUTH Did not comply with Open Meetings Law Actions taken in secret Refused to bring in restructuring team in 2009
8. Myth 4 St. Vincents complied with the law in closing the hospital.
9. The TRUTH Not-for-Profit Public Health Law Administrative Regulations Hiding in Bankruptcy
10. Myth 5 St. Vincents made public disclosure of their financial documents.
11. The TRUTH Failed to file with the AG for years as required by law Never mentioned debts to Public Officials
12. Myth 6 St. Vincents was almost a billion dollars in debt.
13. The TRUTH Shifting of assets in 2001 St. Vincents absorbs all debt
14. Myth 7 An urgent care facility is as good as a Hospital.
15. The TRUTH Not an emergency room No beds Duane Reade?
16. Myth 8 Department of Health fulfilled its mandate to oversee the operation of St. Vincents.
17. The TRUTH All actions cloaked in secrecy No documents released to the public
18. Myth 9 The Charities Bureau at the Attorney Generals Office ensured that St. Vincents complied with the law.
19. The TRUTH Failed to file for three years Incomplete Filings Not-for-Profit Enron
20. Myth 10 This cant happen again!
21. The TRUTH The future of Health Care if we dont stop it.
22. Emergency Department Treatment vs. Urgent Care Treatment You cannot have an emergency room without a hospital! When you need to go to the When an Urgent Care Center can Emergency Room: better meet your needs: If you have a serious condition - stroke, Minor burns or injuries heart attack, severe bleeding, head Sprains and strains injury Coughs, colds, and sore throats or other major trauma don't take a Ear infections chance Allergic reactions (non life- with anything life threatening. The ER threatening) is Fever or flu-like symptoms the best place for these and other Rash or other skin irritations critical conditions, including: Mild asthma Chest pain Animal bites Difficulty breathing Severe bleeding or head trauma Loss of consciousness Sudden loss of vision or blurred vision Heart attack Stroke