6 Ways To Create A KillerLinkedIn Blog
LINKEDIN TRAINING COMPANY
INTRODUCTIONEarlier this year, we wrote a blog discussing the power of LinkedIns newly introduced publishing arm and what business owners stood to gain from publishing content. Since then weve requests to do a follow up to the article. If you werent able to read the 1starticle, heres a link:Click Here To Read The Article
BECOME A PUBLISHERBecoming a publisher on LinkedIn can be a powerful way to reach your target market and generate new leads. The new platform promises to match the blogs topic with users who share an interest in that particular vertical.
It also gives you greater exposure to your current network given every blog you post is distributed to their news feed and displayed with their notifications.
BUILD YOUR NETWORKThis is a great way for you to showcase your thought leadership on your chosen topic and add value to those within your network.
If your contacts like the article and decide to share that on LinkedIn or Twitter, this will not only create greater exposure but those who arent connected with you; may like your work that much that they end upfollowing you to receive future posts helping you create a following of fans for years to come!!
BUT BE CAREFULAny content you publish on LinkedIn is going to be associated with your profile. So ensure that the content you publish on LinkedIn is of thehighest quality. Dont publish anything that could jeopardize or harm your reputation.Plus the better the content and the more compelling your headline, LinkedIn may end up featuring your article on the Pulse network or feature it on the home page giving you visibility to over 300 million members worldwide.
A few things to consider:
1. BEST DATES AND TIMESGenerally, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday morning between 8am-9am are good times to post. Its worth noting that these times are based on AEST, you may want to test out your own time zone to see what works well for you.
2. IMPORTANCE OF QUALITY CONTENTThe better and more valuable your content the greater impact you will make on your existing and new followers.
3. PREVIEW YOUR CONTENTBefore publishing your post always make sure to preview your work. This will allow you to see whether or not your text are aligned with any pictures or videos you have inserted, if headings are properly spaced out, and if your article is properly laid out, etc.
4. INCLUDE VIDEOS AND IMAGESBreak up your text with images and videos so that people dont get information overload when they first visit your blog. Always make it a habit of listing a few tips or provide a how to guide within a section of the blog. Most people will skim through your article, so this is a great way to provide quick rich content.
5. ASK QUESTIONSDoing this demonstrates your genuine interest in feedback. It also makes it an interactive opportunity that encourages participation. Simple questions like do you agree? or how have you seen this done? are a call to action that can start the ball rolling.
6. CHECK THE ANALYTICSLinkedIn gives you great analytics to show you the success of your articles. This gives you a great opportunity to pay attention to which types of articles are getting the most views, comments, and social shares.
Is it a particular topic or subject matter that people are reading, or is it the way you write (such as a how to style)?
DISCOVER THE 3 STEPS TO LINKEDIN MASTERY
Want to learn more about LinkedIn? Download our FREE digital guide today and learn how you too can start using LinkedIn to generate a ton of media exposure, secure joint venture partnerships and build hundreds of new leads for your business. Over 14,000 businesses have now benefited from this methodology.Access it Here!