Embed Size (px)
- Take out your study guide.
- Continue on page 42: and answer this -
- I dont get it! What one thing (or two) do you just not get about paleontology?
2. Review Game 3.
- What is the death of every member of a species called?
- What process compares one rock layer with another in sequence to determine age?
- What law says that the geologic processes that occur today also occurred in the past?
- What is a missing layer of rock called?
- What is the study of past life using fossils?
- What law says that younger rock is on top of older rock?
- What is an example of a trace fossil?
- At what rate does geologic change occur?
- How do we know that the environmental conditions on the Earth have changed?
- By looking at the fossil record
- A trilobite was buried by ocean sediment and left a cavity. What type of fossil is this?
- How do scientists find the absolute age of a fossil or rock?
- What is the Law or Original Horizontality?
- Sediments are laid down in horizontal layers
- What is the geologic column?
- The layer of rocks that shows us the Earths history
- If you find the fossil of a fish on the top of the mountain, what can you learn about the history of the mountain?
- What era is the Age of Reptiles?
- How do petrified fossils form?
- By all the tissue in an organism being replaced by minerals
- What type of rocks usually contain fossils?
- How many years ago did dinosaurs become extinct?
- About 65 million years ago