2. Introducing Spiral A suite of collaborative apps that enrich learning and help teachers make the most of personal devices in the classroom Individual Assessment of learning Passive Active Collaborative Assessment for learning
3. At the heart of Spiral concept lies pedagogy, around which technology has been designed. This is truly transformative and will enhance teaching and learning throughout the UK and beyond. Ian Loynd, Assistant Headteacher, St Teilos High School
4. Class participation There are lots of apps and tools which you can use in the classroom to engage students. From screensharing apps to quizzes to learning management systems weve compiled a list a of the best tools for increasing engagement.
5. Kahoot! Quizzes are a fun way to test your students learning. Using personal devices to answer quizzes with Kahoot! is more engaging than traditional pen-and-paper type quizzes, because its interactive; scoreboards are displayed in real-time; and you can add pictures or videos.
6. Funbrain World Geography Games Funbrain boasts a wide range of educational games to help improve basic Math and Reading skills. Its more suited for younger students, but the bright colors and animations will capture your audiences attention. This very simple but effective map-based game can be enjoyed by students of varying ages. It can also be played in different languages.
7. Nearpod Use Nearpod to make slideshows more engaging by embedding various activities within the slides such as quizzes, polls, drawing and fill in the blanks activities.
8. Quickfire Unlike Kahoot!, Quickfire doesnt require any preparation. Launch quizzes quickly to immediately capture your students attention. Answers are displayed anonymously on the whiteboard, allowing students to collaborate and build on each others ideas.
9. Discuss Produce lesson resources within Discuss, such as a presentation. Add discussion questions to spark conversation and engage your students. Answers are displayed anonymously on the whiteboard, and on the teachers device, which they can provide feedback from.
10. How Spiral Works
11. Using 1:1 devices encourages students to become active and engaged learners. Collaborative learning techniques engage students because they can share ideas and interact with one another. Conclusion