Presented to participants at October Business Month Seminar at the Darwin Convention Centre., October 12, 2009.Presented by Assoc. Prof. Bill WadeHead of School, Creative Arts and HumanitiesCharles Darwin University
- 1. Goodbye Traditional Advertising Hello New Media October Business Month Presentation by Assoc. Prof. Bill Wade School of Creative Arts and Humanities October 12, 2009
2. 3. Overview for Today
- Introductions & Disclaimer
- Dynamic Versus Static Advertising
Sourcehttp://www.conversationagent.com/images/2007/11/18/yournewmedia001_3.jpgretrieved Oct 2009 4. Sounds ofSubarctic Photos courtesy of Leslie Leong 5. Borealis Photos courtesy of Leslie Leong 6. Music 7. Logo n Trees Sponge 8. Shadowland 9. Midem 10. Using Online Strategies
11. Using Online Strategies 12. Using Online Strategies
13. Using Online Strategies
14. To SAE Lifelong Learning The Learning Never Ends 15. Uses of Online Marketing
Sourcehttp://www.slideshare.net/sidharthrao/webchutney-digital-media-outlook-report-2009-1669511?src=related_normal&rel=1641642Retrieved Oct 2009 16. Definitions: New Media
- Phrase used to distinguish digital media forms from old media forms such as newspapers, magazines, radio and television.
- Now living in a new economy with new media all around us.
- Digital devices are now part of the everyday experience of most people.
Photo courtesy http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattjb 17. Definitions: New Media
- A term meant to encompass the emergence ofdigital ,computerized , ornetworked informationandcommunicationtechnologies in the later part of the 20th century.
Sourcehttp://www.smh.com.au/news/web/hsc-to-run-wikipedia-course/2008/05/26/1211653895427.htmlRetrieved Oct 2009 18. Very Hard to Predict 19. New Media/ Old Media Sourcehttp://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2009/09/54959_4_1-3.gifRetrieved Oct 2009 20. New Media/ Old Media Sourcehttp://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/interactive/2008/apr/18/googlerevenueRetrieved Oct 2009 21. 5 Key Issues: New Media For Businesses
22. Convergence Cartoon 23. Definitions: Convergence
- Technological convergence is the trend of technologies to merge into new technologies that bring together a myriad of media.
- While historically, technology handled one medium or accomplished one or two tasks, through technological convergence, devices are now able to present and interact with a wide array of media.
Sourcehttp://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-technological-convergence.htmRetrieved Oct 2009 24. Global Village
- A phrase popularised by the Canadian media sociologist Marshall McLuhan to describe the social effect of convergent technologies.
- The golden Age of the Internet officially ended after September 11 2001 when the surveillance society kicked in.
- From 9/11 there has been a continuous rise in surveillance of digital technologies (Hirst and Harrison 2007).
25. Dynamic vs Static Advertising
- The metaphor of advertising fireworks vs social bonfires
26. Dynamic vs Static Advertising 27. Learning from the Best Sourcehttp://www.aimia.com.au/i-cms?page=5673 Retrieved Oct 2009 28. Mobile Usage / Advertising
- Note how advertising is embedded in the video
29. Mobile Usage / Advertising 30.
- Convergence of real experience with augmented experience
Mobile Usage / Advertising 31. Data Mining Collins, Christopher;Carpendale, Sheelagh; and Penn, Gerald. DocuBurst: Visualizing Document Content using Language Structure. Computer Graphics Forum (Proceedings of Eurographics/IEEE-VGTC Symposium on Visualization (EuroVis '09)), 28(3): pp. 1039-1046, June, 2009. 32. Aggregating Media
Sourcehttp://axspot.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/synthlayout.jpgretrieved Aug 30, 2009 33. The National Broadband Network
- What myths and promises does the NBN perpetuate?
Sourcehttp://www.computerworld.com.au/nbn/retrieved Aug 30, 2009 34. Questions / Discussions
- What strategy is youryour business trying?
- What do you need to learn more about?
Sourcehttp://www.independentcritics.com/images/thirteen%20conversations%20about%20one%20thing%20SPLASH.jpgRetrieved Oct 2009 35. Ending Cartoon 36. Contacts
- This Presentation will be at: