THE TOP 10 THINGSI LEARNED ini3cs21
By Joan McTigue
10. WikiI learned that a wiki is a space to store content for collaboration, not a character in the Broadway musical, Wicked!spurgeonworld.com monroetwp.k12.nj.us
9. BlogI learned that a blog is an interactive bulletin board organized around topics of interest or audience focus, not slang for swampy marshland. ironrange.org
8. Digital NationI learned that becoming a digital nation could threaten as well as advance our society, therefore, it requires civic responsibility as well as the unlimited creativity it promotes.
7. 2.0 WebToolsIve learned that teachers have a huge opportunity to use the plethora of 2.0 webtools which enhances student motivation to learn and the variety and quality of their creative efforts.
Web 2.0 Cool Tools for Schools 50+ Web 2.0 Ways to Tell a Storyhttp://cooltoolsforschools.wikispaces.com http://cogdogroo.wikispaces.comSlideFlickrAnimotobubbl.usVoice ThreadVUVOXxtranormalSlide ShareScrapblogetc., etc., etc.
6. Google ReaderI learned that Google Reader is an aggregator, a web-feed reading tool, which manages favorite news sites and blogs in one place for ease of access
Reader / Web feeds (RSS) advantages:Users do not disclose their email address decreasing exposure to threats associated with email: spam, viruses, phishing, and identity theftUsers do not have to unsubscribe to stopFeed items are automatically sorted; each feed URL has its own sets of entries (unlike an email box where messages must be sorted by user-defined rules and pattern matching).
5. YouTubeYouTube is a video sharing website on which users can discover, view, upload, and share videos. You can learn ANYTHING from watching videos on YouTube
4. Facebook & Twitter I learned that Facebook is a social networking website which helps you connect and share with people in your life blogs.trb.com
I learned that Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service thatenables its users to send and read messages known as tweets simsscoop.com
3. Think Digitally!I learned from my colleagues in this class and Dennis Richards our esteemed instructor, educator, English teacher, administrator, photographer, runner, husband, father, and grandfather to THINK digitally.
2. Social Consciousness With progress comes loss!
As our technological capability increases individuals need to have a sense of what is right or wrong within society (moral sense)
We must be aware of the impact to society that new creative developments have (ethical sense)
The goal of social consciousness: Aim to improve society
1. i3cs21i3cs21 obviously enlightened my professional experience, inspired my creative thinking, broadened my knowledge of digital technology, and forced my application of web based tools to communicate, create, and collaborate with colleagues and students.