- 1. Being an Effective Learner Wiser-PKU Group
2. W I SER - Ufor Science & education 2.0 W orldwideI nteraction forS cience,E ducation andR esearch inU niversities 3. 4. Outline 5. W I SER - Ufor Science & education 2.0 W orldwideI nteraction forS cience,E ducation andR esearch inU niversities 6. Web 1.0Web 2.0 7. Science 2.0: Being creative by Sharing & Collaboration 8. Science 2.0 9. 10. WISER-U Online Search Store Share Create Collaborate Knowledge Ideas Resources Idea-mates Projects Communicate 11. W I SER - U Web 2.0 platform Open-source & Non-profit Serve for science and education International & multi-lingual Online/real-life interaction 12. Wiser-PKU Wiser-Paris Wiser-HongKong 13. W I SER - YOU 14. 15.
- en.wikipedia.org -> en.wikipedia.org.edn.cn
- www.example.com/home.htm ->
19. firefox 20. ie 21. 22.
- ISI&Pubmed typical way of finding literature
- New search engine new concept of searching
- ISI: Institute for Scientific Information
26. 27. 28.
30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36.
- 2 Molecular Databases , : , , , )
40. stem cell* AND lymphoma stem cell stem cells lymphoma stem cell* lymphoma : aspartame OR saccharine OR sweetener* : aids NOT hearing aids hearing 41.
- RSS --Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary
- Computational knowledge engine: itgenerates output by doing computations
- Goal:make all systematic knowledge immediately computable and accessible to everyone .
- Mathematics||Statistics & Data Analysis|| Physics
- Chemistry ||Materials || Earth Sciences || Life Sciences ||Technological World ||Computational Sciences ||
- Web & Computer Systems ||Units & Measures ||Money & Finance ||Dates & Times || Places & Geography ||Socioeconomic Data || Words & Linguistics || Education
46. 47. 48. 49. 50. Reference search in a social way Social Network searching engines www.themegallery.com By Wenxia Kang 51. Social Network & Web2.0 tools 52.
- Form online communities based oncommon interests
- Make connections automatically throughtags
- We are not alone.We can turn to more people from different parts of the world for help or communication.
Social Network & Web2.0 tools 53. Social Network searching tools
- Search through Tags or people
- Web-based, free-contentencyclopedia
- written collaborativelybyvolunteersaround the world,anyone
- launched in 2001 by Jimmy Wales and Larry Sanger
- 14 million articles (3.1 million in English)
- thelargestand most popular general reference work on the Internet.
- provide linksto related pages with additional information
http://wikipedia.org 55. More Wiki resources
56. Slideshare for PPT Homepage:http://www.slideshare.net Wiser Pku :http://www.slideshare.net/WiserPKU 57. Slideshare
- Social Media Content Sharing Site
- toshare your presentationswith others
- UploadPowerPoint, OpenOffice, PDF anddownload
- embed others presentations on the sites
Homepage:http://www.slideshare.net 58. Slideshare Group Functions
- Can find and contact others with similar interests
Accumulate 59. Slideshare
- PowerPoint, OpenOffice, PDF
- learn from others presentations
- find people with the same interest
- free to get valuable and direct introduction materials
60. Slideshare You can browse the content by category and go into your field. Or search the keywords here Research through tags and people 61. Diigo
- Its full name is Digest of Internet Information, Groups and Other stuff.
- Favorite your interested website
Home Page:http://www.diigo.com 62. Diigo
- Accumulategood websites aboutyour research topic or interested subjects
- Find andconnect with people having common interestsGroups
63. Diigo You can search
- people with common interests based
- Oraccumulatethe group of people while surfing Internet
64. Tipsfor reference searching
- Get a common sense of your interested research topic throughWikipediafirst, then go further
- Each slide of presentation contains several-years wisdom of the author. So try to use thewww.slideshare.netto get the most elite sectors or your interested topic and different views from different presenters. Then go further.
- Accumulateyour research topics or interested subjects by Diigo and search resources of a specific topic when needed
- Enlarge the group ofpeople with common interestsand search them and their accumulated resources when needed
Tips for reference searching To form an effective and efficient social way of searching reference accumulate 66. Wiser PKU www.themegallery.com Thank You ! 67. Literature Managing To make scientific materialsmore productive 68. Literature Managing is important
- Assistance Hundreds, even thousands of papers to read in order to complete a full research project
- Efficiency keep your papers in good order,in the way you want, and fit into your specific needs and habits.
- Convenience make the references cited in standard publishing forms
69. 70. An Overview of current tools
- EndNote(by Institute for Scientific Information,ISI )
- Reference Maganer(purchased byISI )
Key Functions Local build reference databaseto add, modify, search, backup, import Web groups to discuss and share papers 71. Family of Literature managing tools 72. An example -
- First beta version released in Aug.2008
- 40,000+ users with 9+ million reference entries added till now
- Multi-platform Windows Linux & Mac
- both desktop tools and web services
- Automatically build local reference database
- Search online to getfull and accurate paper information